Today I fell in love a CLK GTR Roadster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PJayUK

Car
ML320 W163, E320 W210 & Jaguar X300-XJR6
A quick visit today to take the kids to Mercedes World (its only 10 mins down the road) ended in awe for me. I don't think I have ever set eyes on such a car that almost seemed to stir a primeval sense of attraction as this car did. After looking at it for a good 20 mins and being literally pulled away by the Mrs, there was nothing in the superb display they have at this place that stirred me in the same way. Even the SLR which is truly magnificent lacks the same sinewy agressive look not quite sure what I am going to do know I havent felt like this since I was 13 and saw my first Lamborghini Countach!

Got me thinking that as a young man of only 43 :eek: I can count on one hand the cars that have had the same effect, the Countach for sure, perhaps a Jaguar XJ220 and maybe a Pagani Zonda Roadster F and certainly an series 2 EType as my dad had one. But there are not that many...

I want it bad, but hands off she's mine!

IMG00004-20100530-1055.jpg

IMG00002-20100530-1054.jpg

IMG00003-20100530-1054.jpg

Well, that's it then; been meaning to get down that way for the past 3 years or so; that's definitely a trip for this summer:)

I must say they have certainly updated some of the displays, the new SLS section is really good.

Well worth a visit!

Howard would feel right at home in that....

Is this going to trigger another Maff (I've been shopping) thread?

Gorgeous cars, and the only Right Hand Drive GTR Roadster made. Auctioned off at the end of last year, along with the only Right Hand Drive Coupe.

Apparently this was Number 26 of 25 (no that's not a typo), so I was reading somewhere.
They made an extra Roadster in RHD for the Sultan of Brunei.

Utterly stunning cars!

Darren

Gorgeous cars, and the only Right Hand Drive GTR Roadster made. Auctioned off at the end of last year, along with the only Right Hand Drive Coupe.

Apparently this was Number 26 of 25 (no that's not a typo), so I was reading somewhere.
They made an extra Roadster in RHD for the Sultan of Brunei.

Utterly stunning cars!

Darren

So call me an anorak but here is the spec sheet

IMG00005-20100530-1056.jpg

Whatever I read must have been twaddle, but then it was on some random internet site.

Thanks for the proper information :thumb:

Darren

i love the clk gtr but when i was a kid for some reason my dream cars where a 208 430 and a v8 210. dont know why and im nearly there but today i love the look of a cl500 c215 it just makes me think its a grown mans car with grown mans engine... when i turn 23 ima get one but untill then the 210 is the love of my life alongside the miss's

I wonder what it costs?

The Roadster here fetched at little over £600,000 and the RHD Coupe managed over £500,000 at auction.

Brand new, a Coupe would have set you back £1,000,000 + VAT, while the Roadsters were around £1.2 million, IIRC. Then I guess, you've got to factor in that these cars were made as unique RHD versions.

So I guess you really can pick up a bargin at the auction house! :D

Darren

I agree that's a stunning car ... I've got a pic. of it somewhere taken from the balcony above.

I must be in the minority - but that interior is YUK....sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom