Today, I have mostly been driving...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOCAŠ

MB Enthusiast
Car
SLK
sls4.jpg

sls1.jpg

sls2.jpg

sls3.jpg

sls5.jpg

It's a hard life.

You drove a 61 plate - shocking ;).

And what did you think of it? it's a big old thing isn't it?

Jammy git!

Wife's booking me the Brooklands SLS experience for our anniversary. Can't bloody wait!!!!

And what did you think of it? it's a big old thing isn't it?

It's certainly wide! I've been threading it very gingerly through country lanes, giving way to oncoming traffic in situation where I'd normally just motor on through. <Cliché alert> The sound of the engine/exhaust note is quite intoxicating<>, and something I could easily get used to. Acceleration isn't as mind-blowing as I thought it would be but it obviously has a lot of pulling power, and other cars do tend to clear a path when they see it in their rear-view mirror (which is nice). On a more mundane note, the interior rattles like a very rattly thing indeed. :eek:

Does it belong to the Youth Centre :D

Will your little SLK out perform it MOCAS...??

....here is one I saw at one of this summers Hot Rod shows, Americans did do classy jobs back then didn't they - every now and then... :)

Last edited:
Will your little SLK out perform it MOCAS...??

I think not.

SLK: 421bhp, 0-60 in 4.6 secs, vMax: 155mph (limited)
SLS: 563bhp, 0-60 in 3.8 secs, vMax: 211mph

Game set and match to the SLS. On the plus side, the SLK is far better suited to London's streets, and the country lanes beyond.

Last edited:
Did you like driving the SLS, did it have enough room?

Did you like driving the SLS, did it have enough room?

Certainly enjoyed driving it, although I wasn't hooning and didn't even take the traction control off. (The £5,000 insurance excess was a sobering consideration.)

As mentioned, the car is quite wide (almost 2m), but due to the width of the centre console it feels quite snug for the occupants. No problem accommodating taller drivers, though - a 6'3" friend of mine drove it last night, although he did manage to hit his head on the header rail a few times (probably because he couldn't be bothered to lower the seating position).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom