Today's Efforts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Bit of sunshine today and having been stuck indoors working from home, thought I'd spend a few hours outside. As you all probably know, I like a clean car.

Standard pre-wash with PH Neutral Citrus pre-wash and rinse. Washed with the usual two buckets, microfibre mitt and Dodo Juice Basics of Bling Shampoo. The car has a layer of Britemax Extreme Elements Sealant topped up with two coats of Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax. I'm quite taken with that product, seems to leave a lovely finish and great beading even on an unwashed car.

p3jfPyH.jpg

The car was then dried with microfibre towels and tyres given a shine with Meguiars tyre gel.

Mftd0Cs.jpg

VOBfjhg.jpg

VSrtTXL.jpg

1dQ3M9g.jpg

Interior received a vacuum and a wipe down with Meguiars Interior Detailer. Found a bottle lucking in the back of the cupboard. Leaves a decent matt finish which is ideal for the S as there's very few plastics so you don't want everything shiny.

zv0krVw.jpg

Gave the rear seats a clean with some Dr Leather spray too. Very good stuff that as even on leather that appears clean it removes dirt and leaves a nice finish. Still love the centre arm rests in the Mercs.

BOfHM3C.jpg

Engine bay was given a quick once over to keep it tidy.

XcErRzI.jpg

ZZnUAXa.jpg

I also attacked my other halfs CLS350 which hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Stupidly didn't get many pics. Although I did have a little helper come and soak me with the hose!!

zJqHuFu.jpg

FIKVD5q.jpg

Now for a pint and a curry, indoors obviously!! haha

Attachments

• upload_2020-3-21_19-28-59.png
    upload_2020-3-21_19-28-59.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 36
Is that the most appropriate number plate we've seen on here??:D:D:D

Think he means the shadows, lovely motor Alex, looks great. :)

Aah ok, the photo enhancement to lighten it don't help. Silver is a funny one as to the naked eye it can fine, put a camera on it and panels can look like they differ.

Is that the most appropriate number plate we've seen on here??:D:D:D

I like to think so too haha.

Like your updates. Citing products and your opinion over them is useful.

Also, like the PH sticker (especially on a S Class)

Like your updates. Citing products and your opinion over them is useful.

Also, like the PH sticker (especially on a S Class)

Always good to pop up some views on detailing products. I tend to use all sorts of brands but have a few favourites. Can't go wrong with Autoglym and Meguiars stuff but there's so many cool products to try out too. :)

Sorry, didn’t for a moment mean to suggest the car doesn’t look good.....

Haha that's ok, I'm not that soft. I know what you mean as the shadows and silvers look a bit different.

Love it Alex.

Unfortunately i didn't take pictures of my wash! Was very filthy tho.

Very nice and clean as always Alex., just finished doing mine ready for hibernation

Alex, all those lotions and potions. I find it hard work just washing and waxing my C Class.
Mind you I do it nearly every time I use it and the Hyacinth Red looks lovely for it.
Love the interior of your car. I've just come over to the Mercedes marque and am still trying to suss out all the different models and model numbers. Fords were so much easier.
Keith

Alex, all those lotions and potions. I find it hard work just washing and waxing my C Class.
Mind you I do it nearly every time I use it and the Hyacinth Red looks lovely for it.
Love the interior of your car. I've just come over to the Mercedes marque and am still trying to suss out all the different models and model numbers. Fords were so much easier.
Keith

To be honest I'm a complete tart for some detailing products but you can't get by with maybe 4-5 products to keep a car really tidy.

There's certainly lots of variations in the Mercedes range. Also doesn't help they've changed the naming conventions of a lot of the range. So an ML is a GL and an SLK is an SLC etc.

Great photos and to get the kids or grandchildren involved is great. I'm a bit worried about the cadged bear i thought that was against the law.

Great photos and to get the kids or grandchildren involved is great. I'm a bit worried about the cadged bear i thought that was against the law.

In the footwell? That will be baby Groot, I like to have a mascot in my cars haha

OCD-level of cleanliness interior/engine bay 😎

I'd like to claim that I toiled over the engine bay for hours but with modern bays being what they are, it's usually a case of a decent all purpose cleaner and a handful of microfibres for a first wipe down. Then just stay on top if it afterwards. I use Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel which is quite think but goes a long way. Had the bottle years but a few dabs and it'll do the entire engine cover for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom