Todays Rant From Me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lugy

Car
W140 S320
Well, even though it's the weekend, I'm still annoyed :(

I should probably start off by saying I'm a machinist/CNC programmer/toolmaker. Basically my supervisor has been working on the same 2 jobs since Wednesday morning, they're prototype jobs but haven't been priced as such on the promise we will be getting a lot more work from them. He's been moaning about the price to every Tom, Richard and Harry that comes into the toolroom, it's not as though they're hard jobs, I reckon I'd have them both done and dusted in a shift. Now that's not the annoying part, I don't expect much more from him, he's a lazy ******* that does **** all at the best of times.
So today at around 12ish I start on another development job, I'd spent maybe an hour doing the programming yesterday, though as it turns out there were a few problems I didn't think of, because it's my job I sorted them out, rewrite the program and added in some new bits, at about 3ish the gaffer comes up to me, knowing what's happened and asked "why isn't it finished?" I was the closest to lashing out in a four letter rage against him I have ever been, I decided it wasn't the right thing to do though.

Anyway, rant over. I need beer.

Last edited:
Cheers, raise that glass to yourself. Well done on keeping quiet. Enjoy your beer. What ever you do to enjoy yourself, do it twice this weekend, you deserve it.

just keep uttering those 4 letter words to yourself....work, wage, wife, kids, home....:thumb:

Cheers, I shall have 2 beers :D

After some thinking I reckon it's time I went to the managing director about him. This is the final nail in the coffin me thinks.

Check Supervisor's location in relation to MD's anatomy. If the supervisor is so far up said anotomy that when he looks down he sees the MDs teeth, you may be backing a wrong un.
I'm sure you know all this, let it out on here. Once spleen is vented it does not hurt as much.

After some thinking I reckon it's time I went to the managing director about him. This is the final nail in the coffin me thinks.

Go on, have one for me as well.

Agree with TrapperJohn -- just make sure it isn't your coffin and away you go..

Check Supervisor's location in relation to MD's anatomy. If the supervisor is so far up said anotomy that when he looks down he sees the MDs teeth, you may be backing a wrong un.
I'm sure you know all this, let it out on here. Once spleen is vented it does not hurt as much.

That's not a worry, they normally don't see eye to eye.

Go on, have one for me as well.

If you insist :D;)

EDIT- I'm informed that I'm not allowed beer tonight as I'm doing a job tomorrow. In that case some Chicken Pakora is on the cards :D

Last edited:
so tell us - why hadn't you finished it? :D

so tell us - why hadn't you finished it? :D

Being so close to the weekend, I never realised that the profile of the part required milling :eek:

Couple that with an indiscretion with a size then it takes a bit longer. Another half an hour and I'd have got it licked. The supervisor told me to stop it though and do something that was faaaar less important.

I hope your supervisor doesn't ever buy a Merc and become a member of this forum...............................

I seldom have days when the wheels fall off but when I do, I find this pictures helps.

Sometimes we all feel like this poor guy below.

Hope this helps. :D

Copy2ofFcukitForForum.jpg

Last edited:
I seldom have days when the wheels fall off but when I do, I find this pictures helps.

Sometimes we all feel like this poor guy below.

I agree, it's pretty rare for me to feel that ground down by it all, but that image pretty much sums it up. Great picture, you could imagine what that would look like in video, for maybe 10 seconds as he stumbles up the beach, then slowly zooming out to reveal about 100 similar birds all united in their pain.

I think Lugy's supervisor sounds like a tool, rather than a toolmaker. ;)

Ian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom