Todays run in with Rozzers ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Whilst going round a signal controlled roundabout I spot a cyclist approaching from my left. Headphone wearing Cyclist blantantly goes through 2 Red lights and cuts in front of me and rides in the middle of the exit that I take. I prefectly legally sound my horn to make said Cyclist aware of my prensence to which I get "The Finger" . 20 Yards later I am pulled over by 2 Coppers at the side of the road.

Wind down window to be greeted by sarky comment of "you do know excessive use of the horn is a offence" to which I reply "its perfectly acceptable to use your horn to make other road users aware of my presence" - Copper then replies even more sarcastically "I'll be the judge of that" So then I lose it and tell him to p£ss off and go and nick the cyclist. Over comes the other copper and ordered out my van. They spend 10 minutes on the blower and checking out the van. Coppers then say I can go and give me a warning for being abusive to which I just laugh at, another 10 minutes of my life wasted !

But anyway said roundabout has had 2 fatal crashes involving cyclists in the past year and it would seem that the coppers have been ordered to stand on the roundabout for some obscure PR reason but obviously not to deal with the real problem (the cyclists)

He ho

Sounds like two outstanding officers....If you had run the cyclist over they would have probably arrested you for littering!:dk:
Dont let them grind you down.....

Tony.

I get your frustrations but swearing at a police officer is never a good idea imho.

Please dont let this thread turn into a "All cyclists are evil" thread.

There are nob head cyclists, drivers and pedestrians.

Last Tuesday I was nearly taken out by a by huge Debenhams lorry turning left without indicating. It drove past me at speed with no signs that he was preparing to turn. (while I was cycling)

Last edited:
no good

Hi ,cap in hand me .But your lucky to see a copper i have not seen one fot 12 months now. And i live in the centre of town.

Please dont let this thread turn into a "All cyclists are evil" thread.

There are nob head cyclists, drivers and pedestrians.

Last Tuesday I was nearly taken out by a by huge Debenhams lorry turning left without indicating. It drove past me at speed with no signs that he was preparing to turn.

Deffo not slagging off cyclists on the whole as there are plenty of nob drivers !

Its just this particular roundabout seems to have a problem with cyclists jumping the lights - hence the placing of the 2 consecutive sets of lights in the one lane mentioned above !

usually much better to be polite to Police and contrite too ..

Whilst going round a signal controlled roundabout I spot a cyclist approaching from my left. Headphone wearing Cyclist blantantly goes through 2 Red lights and cuts in front of me and rides in the middle of the exit that I take. I prefectly legally sound my horn to make said Cyclist aware of my prensence to which I get "The Finger" . 20 Yards later I am pulled over by 2 Coppers at the side of the road.

Wind down window to be greeted by sarky comment of "you do know excessive use of the horn is a offence" to which I reply "its perfectly acceptable to use your horn to make other road users aware of my presence" - Copper then replies even more sarcastically "I'll be the judge of that" So then I lose it and tell him to p£ss off and go and nick the cyclist. Over comes the other copper and ordered out my van. They spend 10 minutes on the blower and checking out the van. Coppers then say I can go and give me a warning for being abusive to which I just laugh at, another 10 minutes of my life wasted !

But anyway said roundabout has had 2 fatal crashes involving cyclists in the past year and it would seem that the coppers have been ordered to stand on the roundabout for some obscure PR reason but obviously not to deal with the real problem (the cyclists)

He ho

I worked for many years with policemen and have nothing but admiration for the way the majority tackle a thankless task. However they seem to sometimes forget their first duty is the prevention of crime,not its detection and that they should have no interest in the matter of punishments. We have set up a justice system for that,imperfect as it is,it arrives at its conclusions after hearing all sides,not just the opinion of a police officer.

Your arrogant PC was not only an idiot but he doesn't know his job. he doesn't get to make the judgement otherwise his name would be Judge Wooden-top,not PC Wooden-top.

I felt the need to use the horn in my car the other day and discovered that pressing the end of the indicator column isn't the horn!

Can't remember when I last used it (obviously) and I think in the circumstances outlined by the OP I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Perhaps if the OP had politely informed the police officer why he had thought it necessary to use his horn things may have evolved differently. Certainly never advisable to argue with an officer of the law, let alone swear at him....

Perhaps if the OP had politely informed the police officer why he had thought it necessary to use his horn things may have evolved differently. Certainly never advisable to argue with an officer of the law, let alone swear at him....

Spot on, as my mates on Traffic say, fail the initial attitude test and we will start digging. Any swear word can always be interpreted as Section 5 Public Order, so if they are that way out it won't take much to get them off side.

Polite and courteous is the way, always referring to them as officer, even if they are as*holes just suck it up lifes too short. :D

Always keep on the best side of the Police/law. Perhaps install a nice dash cam so the officer can see what the bad cyclist was wearing/doing :D

Rory said:
I felt the need to use the horn in my car the other day and discovered that pressing the end of the indicator column isn't the horn! Can't remember when I last used it (obviously) and I think in the circumstances outlined by the OP I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Haha

I do the same ! Always end up turning up the music or changing track on the cd !

Unless you jam the heel if your hand into the middle of the wheel

Always keep on the best side of the Police/law. Perhaps install a nice dash cam so the officer can see what the bad cyclist was wearing/doing :D

As long as it doesnt have a screen on it or if he's that way out he'll nick you for that too :D:D

Reminds me a little of a video being discussed on Pistonheads.

[YOUTUBE HD]icopwLTYII4[/YOUTUBE HD]

Majority opinion over there is the van did not do a great deal wrong, and the Focus tried to close the gap while knowing the van was going that way... Thoughts?

Police should have given way but the van should have indicated. Police should know better...

Would have been far smoother had the police car held back a couple of seconds.

Incidentally, bike appears to accelerate through 2 amber lights.

Bet it's in the South East if not London itself.

GPD's (General Police Drivers) one day course and they think they are a pursuit driver. Van did nothing wrong, positioned to go straight ahead, arrow indicates traffic from left moving across to right, van moves to right, nothing on his right so no need to indicate. Focus driver is an ass tries to close the gap realizes he cant and backs off. Shocking display of poor driving from someone who should know better

Ha, white van man at his best, perfect stereotypical driving except this time it's not me, it's the cops!

I'd suspect it's very possible that the van came to attention of the cops prior to meeting at the traffic lights.

Spot on, as my mates on Traffic say, fail the initial attitude test and we will start digging. Any swear word can always be interpreted as Section 5 Public Order, so if they are that way out it won't take much to get them off side.

Polite and courteous is the way, always referring to them as officer, even if they are as*holes just suck it up lifes too short. :D

First thing to note - I drive a SWB transit (the Pikeys favorite mode of transport) and I am pulled on a regular basis and everytime its just so the Coppers can have a shufty in the back and I always take it in good grace and often end up having a bit of banter with the cops, the reason for being pulled is always the same "spate of burglaries in the area" etc etc and it really is no bother.

But today this copper was literally 10 yards from the cyclist when he gave me the finger and cannot have missed that the cyclist had jumped a red light. The copper from the outset was arrogant with me from the first word that came out of his mouth. Was obviously in a strop due to having to stand in rain I should imagine.

Simple fact of the matter is he knew he was in the wrong because otherwise he would have arrested me - its not the first time this has happened to me (check my previous posts !)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom