Today's the day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Hi Guys, those of you who have have followed my AMGIV thread (and other threads) will know that I am a bit of a perfectionist and have taken a lot of time deciding if and how to get my wheels refurbed.The biggest issue is that no one seems to be able to replicate Mercedes AMG Sterling Silver very well and so you can always tell a refurbed AMG Sterling Silver wheel.

I have done loads of "Due Diligence" on local wheel refurbishing businesses and Lepsons comes out best but at a price and in their good time. Given that I haven't got 3 days to leave my car with them, I have looked for a firm that can offer both painting or powder coating and plan it in such a way as to keep my car for the shortest time neccessary to do the best job.

I have chosen Inspraytion in Rochester.

Alloy Wheel Refurbishment and Repair in Kent

First of all I visited them and checked out how they worked and saw examples of their work. I also read online reviews and particularly paid attention to Lily and Constable who are a Mercedes and BMW independent dealer. They said:
"We have been using Inspraytion for the last 3 years since changing from another alloy wheel refurbishment provider. Sean and his team provide an excellent quality of work that is competitively priced. We know that we can always rely on a fast response when making our booking which is essential in the day to day running of our business. The work that Inspraytion does transforms the overall appearance of a vehicle to the high standard that our customers expect."

Having reassured myself that they know what they are doing I took my car along yesterday afternoon and asked for updates of how things were going (I know-what a pain I am!). True to their word I have just received my first update this morning. Photo one is my in the air. Photo 2 is the tyres being removed, photo three is the Acid bath!!!!

More updates when I get them-LOL, Live Wheel Refurbishing!:bannana:

Last edited:
Good stuff R2 - not sure I ilke the look of the bath though. Will stick to showers here thanks!

Most recent photos.
In the tank!, Wash and dried, wheels put in shot blaster and blasted with 60-80 grit ali oxide (front and back).

Last edited:
Live update: Hangers attached and are currently awaiting being put in oven for painting.

Last edited:
Looking good so far. Lepsons wanted £320 for Special finishes and so I'm hoping my price of £180 with Inspraytion will prove to be a good buy. This is like keeping a watch on a patient in theatre!

Had a look on their site yesterday and £45 per wheel is a good price IMHO.
Spit and Polish in Tonbridge, who did mine 2 years ago, charged me nearer £60 per wheel and they are now bubbling in places. The whhels that is not the staff!

I'm sure they will turn out fine, however, I must say that their premises and high tech 4 wheel support system show in picture one would concern me a little :eek:.

LOL. Lepsons have lovely shiny floors but charge £320-I guess you pays your money and takes your choice. I'll be happy as long as the wheels look good at the end:)

I'm sure they will turn out fine, however, I must say that their premises and high tech 4 wheel support system show in picture one would concern me a little :eek:.

I spotted that as well so had a chat with our SHE Manager on site who will do a quick inspection next time he is in the area :ban:

Not really - but a scary place - be careful R2!

No news for a bit....they must be having trouble with the orange finish;)

LOL. I'm sure it'll nice and smooth orange;)

Update: Primer (or I'm getting white wheels!)

Last edited:
Silver being applied:)

Last edited:
collected and all looking good! Off out now photos tommorrow:)

Looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom