Today's the day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Update: Primer (or I'm getting white wheels!)

R2 Have you been there all day? Let me guess you are self employed - lol:rolleyes:

Will these newly painted wheels be appearing at a Battle of Britain day event somewhere in the Kent countryside tomorrow?

R2 Have you been there all day? Let me guess you are self employed - lol:rolleyes:

No Sean sent photos through to me-even the self employed have to work sometimes!

Will these newly painted wheels be appearing at a Battle of Britain day event somewhere in the Kent countryside tomorrow?

Yes they absolutely will. More on the other thread later:)

With many thanks to Sean.The Results!

Last edited:
Very nice too. I note the locking wheel nut lines up nicely with the tyre valve. Is this the same on all four wheels? :devil::D

Some detail shots for purists! Very pleased with the colour and texture- it has zero flake and a sheen like the original finish. All in all well worth £180:)

Last edited:
I'm just glad the car is back on terra firma - I was sweating for you :crazy:.

They look great :thumb:.

I'm just glad the car is back on terra firma - I was sweating for you :crazy:.

They look great :thumb:.

Glad you like the finish but why were you sweating; anyone who takes all four of your wheels off is going to use axle stands. It wasn't a posh place but it didn't charge posh prices.

Glad you like the finish but why were you sweating; anyone who takes all four of your wheels off is going to use axle stands. It wasn't a posh place but it didn't charge posh prices.

Twas only a bit of fun from one enthusiast to another.......

Some detail shots for purists! Very pleased with the colour and texture- it has zero flake and a sheen like the original finish. All in all well worth £180:)

Looks great, looks like a fantastic result. Did you get them back same day then? Great deal at £180

Looks great, looks like a fantastic result. Did you get them back same day then? Great deal at £180
Glad you like them . The took them in Monday afternoon so that they could strip that night and then they coated them yesterday-28 hours in total:)

I sense another respray coming on somewhere........

No but will take my spare set of wheels to them and they are going to do my rear bumper as well so another good contact made.

I've previously had very bad experiences with Lepsoms, they did my 18" AMG wheels three years ago and within about 2 years the spokes and centres didn't have much lacquer left. Following an argument with a pot hole they then had another go on one of them and despite 3 (yes THREE!!!) attempts they couldn't seem to avoid filling in the AMG badge. To their credit once they had given up they didn't charge, but still!

Anyway after reading this thread I took the car to have all 4 wheels done at Inspraytion, they have done a fantastic job, pin sharp badges. I also had them done in a dark shade of silver at no extra cost (they will do the highly sought after "high power silver" for the same price). The best part they have an offer on at the moment: all 4 wheels for £160 all inclusive!

If I can figure out how to get a picture on here it will follow soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom