Todt steps down as Ferrari boss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
His position was allegedly becoming more and more unteniable and I wonder how long Massa will last? My money would be that this may well be his last season with the prancing horse.

John

His position was allegedly becoming more and more unteniable and I wonder how long Massa will last? My money would be that this may well be his last season with the prancing horse.

John

Hmmm, Alonso to Ferrari eh? That won't happen unless Bernie says so!

I do like Massa, but after Kimi got a grip of the Ferrari he did make Massa look a bit ordinary. But will Kimi stay too?

In fairness to Todt, he started his exit strategy at the beginning of 2005 when they rejigged the race team for the departure of Brawn and MS. They had to work for the future and as last year shows, they got it right. Micheal Who I hear every cry!

I see BMW are talking up Williams now!

I will put the rest on the f1 thread

Hmmm, Alonso to Ferrari eh? That won't happen unless Bernie says so!
Where should we debate this? Here or on your thread?

regards
John

Where should we debate this? Here or on your thread?

regards
John

well as this is the news section, and the title is Todt steps down, I am going to suggest the F1 thread.

But I am open to suggestions. We could hijack this thread as it remains current and linked. Or we could start a new thread on OT about it too.

Jean Todt was very much a fan of ms. He wanted this person to remain a driver for Ferrari, ms wanted to keep on driving at Ferrari BUT........ there is no way ms would drive alongside Kimi on an equal footing; something had to give and it did. Kimi was always happy to race as an equal with ms but the feelings were not mutual.

Ross Brawn, and Jean Todt have gone so will will see ms come back in a managerial role? :devil: :devil:

John

well as this is the news section, and the title is Todt steps down, I am going to suggest the F1 thread.

But I am open to suggestions. We could hijack this thread as it remains current and linked. Or we could start a new thread on OT about it too.
I'm a prolific user of the off topic threads (it doesn't count towards posts) :devil: :)

I enjoy yapping about all topics especially F1 and we are in the year 2008? :)

regards
John

Jean Todt was very much a fan of ms. He wanted this person to remain a driver for Ferrari, ms wanted to keep on driving at Ferrari BUT........ there is no way ms would drive alongside Kimi on an equal footing; something had to give and it did. Kimi was always happy to race as an equal with ms but the feelings were not mutual.

Ross Brawn, and Jean Todt have gone so will will see ms come back in a managerial role? :devil: :devil:

John

He may well do. This exit plan has been worked out over a long time to give Ferrari chance to continue once these people have gone. MS still has good PR with Ferrari around the world, so I see no reason to stop that.

Ford paid Jackie Stewart since he left up until 2006 when he joined RBS.

I think before MS gets higher in the system the current drivers will have left. I would imagine he might be involved in picking their replacements.

Has Kimi shown that MS may not have been as good as the publicity made out?

Todt brough MS to Ferrari, MS brought Brawn. The world has moved on, but Todt wanted Kimi, and got him. He does not want Alonso, but I bet he goes there.

I posted this on the news section solely to be flagged quickly since it was "hot of the press" but had no intention of hijacking the F1 thread. I did check before posting it was "news" since I have been caught out this way before.:eek:

I posted this on the news section solely to be flagged quickly since it was "hot of the press" but had no intention of hijacking the F1 thread. I did check before posting it was "news" since I have been caught out this way before.:eek:

No argument there. It could remain current news for a while.

I was just thinking that discussion about this subject is okay here, but perhaps general F1 should be in OT.

Where should we put references to Napoleon tho?:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom