Tom Tom for iphone is now available

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Alfie, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Alfie

Alfie Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    W169 A, W205 C, W451 smart
    Out today and avaialable from the itunes store. At long last..............

1 person likes this.
  2. KillerHERTZ

KillerHERTZ Administrator Staff Member

Car:
    CLS63 AMG
    Put for not much more you can have a separate unit with its own screen and the like?!

3. robpow

robpow Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML350 CDi Obsidian Black, COMAND, Sunroof
    Use the 2 x £15 iTunes voucher for £20 offer at Clintons Cards to get this or the Navigon app even cheaper!

Matt

1 person likes this.
  4. mirras

mirras Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Range Rover TDV8
    Being a long time TomTom fan and iPhone owner I've been looking forward to getting this version of TomTom with a mount for the car... unfortunately TomTom won't get my cash as 2 days ago Co-pilot live appeared on app store at £25.99, this price includes ( jam tomorrow ) cameras free in the next update, so this got my cash. The TT software now feels well overpriced especially given that they'll probably want as much again for the mount. I'll stick with co-pilot ( and comand ) for now... I'll use my TT720 if I get withdrawal...

5. OP
    OP
    Alfie

Alfie Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Car:
    W169 A, W205 C, W451 smart
    True, but its nice to have everything in one device especially for when out walking or on a bike etc.

I've downloaded the european version to try it out. I suspect it will crucify the battery life.......

6. timwood2000

timwood2000 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    R320 CDI SE LWB '07, BENTLEY CONTINENTAL FLYING SPUR MULLINER '06, FIAT 500 LOUNGE '58 & BMW R1200RT
    I've been using the Co-Pilot version on my iPhone for a couple of days now and I am pretty impressed. Have used a TT Go for years which is very easy to use, but for £25, the Co-Pilot matches up well. Certainly fills in some of the gaps that my Comand is missing e.g. it links the contacts in the iPhone for destinations so that you don't have to retype them in again and of course, speed camera warnings coming soon. Just wish i could find the setting that doesn't send it to sleep after 10 minutes or so...:wallbash:

1 person likes this.
  7. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2019
    iPhone already has biult in route finder Just tap an address in your Contacts and a map appears, tap directions and a route is shown with turn by turn directions

1 person likes this.
  8. Pontoneer

Pontoneer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    '93 190E 2.3LE W201 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
    Downloaded the UK & Ire version last night - nicer to use than the Navigon one I got a few weeks back .

Now just have to figure out how to get into the folder and add my collection of voices along with my maps of Europe I already have with my Navigator 5 app from my Treo ( just need to find the backup ) .

I , likewise , don't want a collection of separate devices when I can get everything in one , neat package .

9. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    Same as me but I hate the i Phone with a passion much prefer my Palm Treo pro running Windows mobile 6. Have TT with speed cameras and all voices on that, brilliant in fact theres not much it cant do and without all the palarva of i tunes, i store :mad:

PS Glad it went well last night and glad they still know how to put on a show, I used to spend a fair bit of time at Tulliallen when I was up there and they used to spend a fair bit of time with me at Knockhill.

1 person likes this.
  10. Carrotchomper

Carrotchomper Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi A8 4.2 Quattro
    I need to get a new Sat Nav because my old Garmin portable is playing up- And the Sat Nav in the Barge is lost :)

Can't bring myself to spend the paltry sum on a new portable though because there's one in the car! :embarrassed:

11. andy_k

andy_k MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Alfa GTV 3.0
    google maps on your phone if it's got GPS - free apart from your data charges

12. Pontoneer

Pontoneer MB Club Veteran

Car:
    '93 190E 2.3LE W201 ; '93 300SL-24 R129
    I had Google maps on my original iPhone ( 2G ) , without GPS . It worked out the approximate location using phone masts & hotspots .

No data charges with iPhone : unlimited data useage included in tariff - one of the things that attracted me to it .

Tags: