Tom Tom for iphone is now available

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
Out today and avaialable from the itunes store. At long last..............

Put for not much more you can have a separate unit with its own screen and the like?!

Use the 2 x £15 iTunes voucher for £20 offer at Clintons Cards to get this or the Navigon app even cheaper!

Matt

Being a long time TomTom fan and iPhone owner I've been looking forward to getting this version of TomTom with a mount for the car... unfortunately TomTom won't get my cash as 2 days ago Co-pilot live appeared on app store at £25.99, this price includes ( jam tomorrow ) cameras free in the next update, so this got my cash. The TT software now feels well overpriced especially given that they'll probably want as much again for the mount. I'll stick with co-pilot ( and comand ) for now... I'll use my TT720 if I get withdrawal...

Put for not much more you can have a separate unit with its own screen and the like?!

True, but its nice to have everything in one device especially for when out walking or on a bike etc.

I've downloaded the european version to try it out. I suspect it will crucify the battery life.......

I've been using the Co-Pilot version on my iPhone for a couple of days now and I am pretty impressed. Have used a TT Go for years which is very easy to use, but for £25, the Co-Pilot matches up well. Certainly fills in some of the gaps that my Comand is missing e.g. it links the contacts in the iPhone for destinations so that you don't have to retype them in again and of course, speed camera warnings coming soon. Just wish i could find the setting that doesn't send it to sleep after 10 minutes or so...:wallbash:

iPhone already has biult in route finder Just tap an address in your Contacts and a map appears, tap directions and a route is shown with turn by turn directions

Downloaded the UK & Ire version last night - nicer to use than the Navigon one I got a few weeks back .

Now just have to figure out how to get into the folder and add my collection of voices along with my maps of Europe I already have with my Navigator 5 app from my Treo ( just need to find the backup ) .

I , likewise , don't want a collection of separate devices when I can get everything in one , neat package .

Downloaded the UK & Ire version last night - nicer to use than the Navigon one I got a few weeks back .

Now just have to figure out how to get into the folder and add my collection of voices along with my maps of Europe I already have with my Navigator 5 app from my Treo ( just need to find the backup ) .

I , likewise , don't want a collection of separate devices when I can get everything in one , neat package .

Same as me but I hate the i Phone with a passion much prefer my Palm Treo pro running Windows mobile 6. Have TT with speed cameras and all voices on that, brilliant in fact theres not much it cant do and without all the palarva of i tunes, i store :mad:

PS Glad it went well last night and glad they still know how to put on a show, I used to spend a fair bit of time at Tulliallen when I was up there and they used to spend a fair bit of time with me at Knockhill.

I need to get a new Sat Nav because my old Garmin portable is playing up- And the Sat Nav in the Barge is lost :)

Can't bring myself to spend the paltry sum on a new portable though because there's one in the car! :embarrassed:

I need to get a new Sat Nav because my old Garmin portable is playing up- And the Sat Nav in the Barge is lost :)

Can't bring myself to spend the paltry sum on a new portable though because there's one in the car! :embarrassed:

google maps on your phone if it's got GPS - free apart from your data charges

I had Google maps on my original iPhone ( 2G ) , without GPS . It worked out the approximate location using phone masts & hotspots .

No data charges with iPhone : unlimited data useage included in tariff - one of the things that attracted me to it .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom