Tom Tom Go 700 and Sony Ericsson K850i

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
I got my shiny new SE K850i about 4 weeks ago now. It's OK as phones go and I'm getting used to how it works etc etc. But I cannot get my Tom Tom Go 500 to see it. The phone sees the Tom Tom but the Tom Tom can't see it at all.

Anybody got any ideas?

Is that phone on the list of devices supported by the TomTom 500?

According to TomTom's website the K800i is supported ... but the 850 isn't listed:

http://www.tomtom.com/phones/compatibility/

Phone not listed? The phones listed have been tested by TomTom. It may be possible to use other phones. However, TomTom cannot guarantee or support compatibility with any unlisted phones. This list is updated regularly as new phones are tested.

It might not be that. As Robert suggested, have you checked the Bluetooth settings on the phone? On my Nokia you have to set "My phone's visibility" to "Shown to all", under Settings, Connectivity, Bluetooth settings. I don't speak Sony-Ericsson though :)

It might not be that. As Robert suggested, have you checked the Bluetooth settings on the phone? On my Nokia you have to set "My phone's visibility" to "Shown to all", under Settings, Connectivity, Bluetooth settings. I don't speak Sony-Ericsson though :)
That was the one :D :D :rock:

If you go to TomTom.com and download TomTom Home you can update your go 500 to the latest software version which gives new menus and better bluetooth options. Also half price updated maps for sale at the moment.

Russ

If you go to TomTom.com and download TomTom Home you can update your go 500 to the latest software version which gives new menus and better bluetooth options. Also half price updated maps for sale at the moment.

Russ

I have that already ;) but thanks.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom