Tom Tom One V4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marty359

Car
BMW 330d with indicators and Jeep Renegade also with indicators
Hi, Does anyone on here own one of these?

If the tomtom was switched on and plugged into the cigarette lighter socket(thats switched with the ignition)would it turn itself off with the car and then back on again when you start the car?

Thanks Marty

Hi, Does anyone on here own one of these?

If the tomtom was switched on and plugged into the cigarette lighter socket(thats switched with the ignition)would it turn itself off with the car and then back on again when you start the car?

Thanks Marty

Nope when you turn the ignition off the TT switches to battery power and carries on running and powers off when the battery runs out.

Nope when you turn the ignition off the TT switches to battery power and carries on running and powers off when the battery runs out.

On my TT720, I have it set to switch off when it looses external power (it gives you 10 seconds to overide this though, if you want it to stay on running on it's own power). It's in one of the settings in the menu.

You do have to switch it back on manually though.

On my TT720, I have it set to switch off when it looses external power (it gives you 10 seconds to overide this though, if you want it to stay on running on it's own power). It's in one of the settings in the menu.

Unfortunately TT one's don't have that luxury ( or mine doesn't) as they are low end products

Oh, right. Sorry.

Same with the TT 1 V4. ;)

Er! mine does!!! :confused:

OOh Hold hand up time, think you guys are one step in front of me, or maybe more than one :D

Could someone please point me in the direction of the setting and how to do it, still can't see it on mine must be having a blonde moment :eek:

All help appreciated.

The issue i find with this unit is the battery doesn't last long at all if the unit is switched off. Come back to it in a few days and it is as dead as a dodo.

Can't understand as to why they don't fix this problem as apparently it is a common problem.

The issue i find with this unit is the battery doesn't last long at all if the unit is switched off. Come back to it in a few days and it is as dead as a dodo.

Can't understand as to why they don't fix this problem as apparently it is a common problem.

They tell me theres a high capacity battery you can get on e bay that solves this. Not tried it but I have exactly the same problem with mine.

Id say there is definitely a drain on the battery in these units somewhere.

I had the same problem on my last Tomtom One V2 so I sent it back, they replaced the battery and it was exactly the same. I took it back again and this time they replced the unit.....still the same. Then they gave me a V4...still the same.

I just can't believe in this day and age that the battery that they put into this unit is of such poor quality.

I have a old mobile which I found the other day and it hadn't been charged in many months....switched it on an there was still enough juice to make a call, so I can't understand as to how the Tomtom can be flat within a few days.:crazy:

Oh well, my old tomtom go500 does but only when its sitting in the window cradle mount, I was hoping the newer version did as well.

Marty

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom