Tomorrows install

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Last week I bought a new JVC MP3 head unit, replaced the speakers all round for Infinity Kappa's.

b_kds891.jpg

Still not quite happy with the levels of bass I have just bought THIS. My primary goal being upping the bass to an adequate level without trying win any sound offs and also without sacrifycing any more boot space than absolutely necessary. Hopefully this will do the job nicely having a 200w amp and two 10" bass drivers contained in a box only 8" deep. My intention is to mount it directly below the (removed) first aid box under the parcel shelf. I may have to think again, but we'll see,

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Last edited:
Hope it gives the sound you want.

Worst thing about the loan car I had a few weeks back apart from no engine was the lack of Bass. Everyone needs bass.

let us know how you get on sp!ke, i think due to the heavy build of the mercs ppl have found it difficult to get bass out of their mercs. not an easy task in any saloon car!

i have a 1000w RMS amp pushing near 1800w for just my bass, sounds like alot, but it this install was in a hatchback, it would be soundoff material, but in my merc it sounds "good".!

It is notoriously difficult to get decent bass into a Benz cabin. Twin subs and a good amp are a must if you want a proper sound.

I have the benefit of reading the link below which details pretty much what I intend to do. 'Rik' seems adequately impressed by his bass.

We shall see.

http://www.2phast.com/190E/sound.htm

Last edited:
Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Worst thing about the loan car I had a few weeks back apart from no engine was the lack of Bass. Everyone needs bass.

But your Bass makes the whole car Vibrate Graham.:D :D :D :D

them basslinks aint bad

tbh what i would do is throw money at it with a 12 inch diamond m6 in a porte box (tuned to i dunno 35hz sommat liek that) with a good quality audiophile amp on it, then i would have a good quaity set of 6.5 inch comps in kickbuilds not ont eh door, then some real sound dedening & i mena the lot, boot lid, doors, floor even roof

then i woul get a good powerful 4 ch amp & run the compoents active, so the mids get there won channel & the tweeter get there own channel (ignore the passive crossover) then set the crossiver levels for the tweeter & the mids that way they will play cleaner at louder volumes & should give you more midbass

sommat tells me i spend too long playing with car audio

Well what a job it was to fit. I started stripping the interior and noticed that the stereo was never wired up properly in the first place. None of the speaker wires, arial, or arial remote leads had been routed through the correct conduits. I have known the car from new and am sure that this work was done before it was even registered so I can only assume that the stereo was fitted in the dealer when new and not in the facory. In the end I stripped the interior, pulled up all the carpets and lay new cables for everything ICE.

It took me a little while to figure out how to get the bass through from the boot to the cabin but after removing the first aid box and making a few hidden 'ports' in the rear shelf, its now more than enough bass for my needs. I'm really pleased with the results.

:bannana:

hehe, sounds like yoru enyoing it then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom