TomTom 5.0 Navigator

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Cayenne Turbo + TVR + Lexus GS430 Sport
Does anyone have an upgrade copy of TomTom 5.0 Navi that I could try / copy as I've heard it doesn't like certain PDA's

damyers

Car
55 reg SLK 55 AMG
Wheelie said:
Does anyone have an upgrade copy of TomTom 5.0 Navi that I could try / copy as I've heard it doesn't like certain PDA's
I have TT5 but it requires a special code that is activated through GPRS so you couldnt use it. Do you currently have TT3 on your PDA (and what PDA?) cos if that works then the likelyhood (although not a garauntee!) is that TT5 will work.

OP
OP
BaldGuy

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Not if you have a crack.... :D

rees_A

Banned
Car
CLK55 AMG
I know someone who has a copy who may sell you a copy if you are interested....PM me

mike_avfc

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI
damyers said:
Yeah - heard that you could crack TT3 but not too sure about TT5 :rolleyes:

you can - plenty about and it's a lot better than 3 or 4

OP
OP
BaldGuy

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Well thanks to an extremely generous fellow member, I now have TT5.0 installed..... Why isn't the world full of more people like this.....

Many thanks... You know who you are...

Dave Kerr

Car
BMW 5 series / 1961 Jaguar E-Type
A friend of mine bought tomtom5 on ebay for £15, it works great and has the maps for the whole of Europe, its good but you can't get the speed camera update.

Dave

QUOTE=Wheelie]Does anyone have an upgrade copy of TomTom 5.0 Navi that I could try / copy as I've heard it doesn't like certain PDA's[/QUOTE]

grasmere

Car
MB C220 D 1996
I've just upgraded to TomTom 5 navigator from TT3 after 18 months and after just a few days I am NOT actually impressed with it yet

. . . hows anyone found TT5 navigator in practise?

Dave Kerr

Car
BMW 5 series / 1961 Jaguar E-Type
grasmere said:
I've just upgraded to TomTom 5 navigator from TT3 after 18 months and after just a few days I am NOT actually impressed with it yet

. . . hows anyone found TT5 navigator in practise?

I use it quite often and its OK, better than the AA navigator by far which I also have.
I find it will always try and take you the longest way to wherever it is your going. I have been less than 50 metres from my road and its still telling me to "turn around when possible..........!!"

Dave

IanA2

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL60 AMG, GES300, Lexus GS 430
Aswall said:
Don't do it, it's worse than 3.0, I've already sold mine. Have a read through the GPS forums
Did I miss something somewhere? I have TT3 in the ML & Travel pilot in the SL. TT wins hands down every time, no probs, not never. :D

Madferrit

Car
'06 B150SE, '99 E220 CDi, A160, Ferrari Mondial and a Smartee! Now Sold: G300 LWB (sadly missed)
The various celebrity voices is always a good add-on to "enhance your driving pleasure" :)

Thmsshaun

MB Enthusiast
Car
2009 C300 4Matic, 2012 Kia Sportage, 2015 Triumph Tiger800 XCX
Might give it a try anything has to be better than that stroppy woman.

She is so uptight at times :crazy:

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
I signed up for the months trial of the traffic service (which is very impressive and downloads very little GPRS data so is cheap) and its still working months later :bannana:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom