TomTom 5.0 Navigator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BaldGuy

MB Enthusiast
Car
No longer a Benz...
Does anyone have an upgrade copy of TomTom 5.0 Navi that I could try / copy as I've heard it doesn't like certain PDA's

Wheelie said:
Does anyone have an upgrade copy of TomTom 5.0 Navi that I could try / copy as I've heard it doesn't like certain PDA's

I have TT5 but it requires a special code that is activated through GPRS so you couldnt use it. Do you currently have TT3 on your PDA (and what PDA?) cos if that works then the likelyhood (although not a garauntee!) is that TT5 will work.

I know someone who has a copy who may sell you a copy if you are interested....PM me

damyers said:
Yeah - heard that you could crack TT3 but not too sure about TT5 :rolleyes:

you can - plenty about and it's a lot better than 3 or 4

Well thanks to an extremely generous fellow member, I now have TT5.0 installed..... Why isn't the world full of more people like this.....

Many thanks... You know who you are...

A friend of mine bought tomtom5 on ebay for £15, it works great and has the maps for the whole of Europe, its good but you can't get the speed camera update.

Dave

QUOTE=Wheelie]Does anyone have an upgrade copy of TomTom 5.0 Navi that I could try / copy as I've heard it doesn't like certain PDA's[/QUOTE]

I've just upgraded to TomTom 5 navigator from TT3 after 18 months and after just a few days I am NOT actually impressed with it yet

. . . hows anyone found TT5 navigator in practise?

I use it on my Ipaq 6515, not too bd, with the 5.10 update, altohugh sometimes it is a bit slow.

grasmere said:
I've just upgraded to TomTom 5 navigator from TT3 after 18 months and after just a few days I am NOT actually impressed with it yet

. . . hows anyone found TT5 navigator in practise?

I use it quite often and its OK, better than the AA navigator by far which I also have.
I find it will always try and take you the longest way to wherever it is your going. I have been less than 50 metres from my road and its still telling me to "turn around when possible..........!!"

Dave

Aswall said:
Don't do it, it's worse than 3.0, I've already sold mine. Have a read through the GPS forums

Did I miss something somewhere? I have TT3 in the ML & Travel pilot in the SL. TT wins hands down every time, no probs, not never. :D

The various celebrity voices is always a good add-on to "enhance your driving pleasure" :)

Might give it a try anything has to be better than that stroppy woman.

She is so uptight at times :crazy:

I signed up for the months trial of the traffic service (which is very impressive and downloads very little GPRS data so is cheap) and its still working months later :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom