TomTom Go £360 at dixons.co.uk w/shipping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Hi All,

Just in case anyone cares:

Head over to www.dixons.co.uk and add the TTG to your basket. At the checkout screen use the promotional code DIXONS203018. Hit update, then use the promotional code dixons35.

Ends up at £360 with free shipping!

Enjoy!

Nope.... £395

TOMTOM GO TOMTOM GO - THE COMPLETE CAR NAVIGATION SOLUTION
Free delivery on this item! £429.99 £34.99 £395.00 Remove item from shopping Basket Not applicable
Coverplan - More info>

Delivery charge Free

Total Cost £395.00

I am seriously considering this, does anyone know if it can be used in Europe straight out of the box or does it require an additional map pack?

Cheers for the link Scott.

*EDIT*

Sp!ke said:
Nope.... £395

Free delivery on this item! £429.99 £34.99 £395.00 Remove item from shopping Basket Not applicable
Coverplan - More info>

Delivery charge Free

Total Cost £395.00
Works for me Sp!ke, enter the first code, hit update and price drops, enter the second code, update again as per Scott's instructions and the price drops further to £360.00 c/w free delivery.
xyxthumbs.gif

S.

Last edited:
Steve_Perry said:
I am seriously considering this, does anyone know if it can be used in Europe straight out of the box or does it require an additional map pack?

Cheers for the link Scott.

S.

Steve, It comes with detailed UK mapping and major roads of europe on the CD Rom, the snag is the memory card is not big enough to have both on together. I uograded to a 512mb SD card, plenty of room for extra maps and POI's.

If you do get one, make sure you use the speed camera database from PocketGPS, really is good, so far it has been 100% accurate for me.

jimmy said:
Steve, It comes with detailed UK mapping and major roads of europe on the CD Rom, the snag is the memory card is not big enough to have both on together. I uograded to a 512mb SD card, plenty of room for extra maps and POI's.

If you do get one, make sure you use the speed camera database from PocketGPS, really is good, so far it has been 100% accurate for me.
Cheers jimmy, I already have a 512MB SD card for my camera :D so shouldn't be a problem, though I've noticed that 1GB cards have fallen as low as approx 50 - 60 quid.

How much is the speed camera database? I'm still running the RA by the way ;)

S.

Steve_Perry said:
How much is the speed camera database? I'm still running the RA by the way ;)

S.

Thats the best bit, it only costs...............NOTHING!!!!

PocketGPS

Updated at the end of each month, free to use but they do say you use it at your own risk, as I said, it has been 100% for me.

Sp!ke said:
Nope.... £395

Coverplan - More info>
Delivery charge Free

Total Cost £395.00
Shows £360 for me, Sp!ke did you do the 2nd promo code ?

jimmy said:
Thats the best bit, it only costs...............NOTHING!!!!

PocketGPS

Updated at the end of each month, free to use but they do say you use it at your own risk, as I said, it has been 100% for me.
Quality!! :D
xyxthumbs.gif

S.

Typical!! No delivery to Channel Islands. That would have worked out at £306 for me.

Bah!

How to update garmin products with gatso

Following on from the pocketgps site i saw that i couldnt import the database of all the gatso and specs cameras into my streetpilot 3 because it is in the wrong format.
A little digging later and i have found how to do it and I now have a full list of red light, specs , mobile sites(regular haunts) and gatso sites on my map!!! :bannana:

This is how to do it :

Download the latest database for free from the pocketgps link above.

Go to http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com/html/programs.html
and download the poiconvertor.

Open the tomtom database you downloaded from pocketgps within the poiconvertor program and ensure that you attach all the files together (eg all the types of cameras etc).

Then save the file as a PCX5 file (one of the options in the save dialogue).

Open your mapsource programme and FILE --> Import the new list of all the cameras!!! (select the last option when loading - the latest gps unit was used to create the... etc)

ALSO - when exporting to the gps unit - ensure you connect your streetpilot 3 to the computer via the serial connection - the maps can be sent via usb (quicker) and are saved on the memory stick - the waypoints (which the cameras are) are saved to internal memory and hence will need a serial connection!
Hope this helps.

BRILLIANT!!

They update the database every 2/4 weeks. (not a half!)

A small way of repaying the benefits and info I have found from this wonderful forum.
Apologies if everyone already knew this!

Steve

Last edited:
Hmm, shame the internal memory of the streetpilot 3 isnt bigger - can only fit about 500ish of the waypoints in it - not quite the full 5000+ camera sites listed!!

Tom tom GO

There is a 2 page write up of the Tom Tom unit in this months Practical Wireless (Feb 2005 issue), I am very tempted by one myself.

scotth_uk said:
Hi All,

Just in case anyone cares:

Head over to www.dixons.co.uk and add the TTG to your basket. At the checkout screen use the promotional code DIXONS203018. Hit update, then use the promotional code dixons35.

Ends up at £360 with free shipping!

Enjoy!

Thanks for that tip Scott - Just ordered one for myself :) Delivery should be 5-7 days so I'll let you all know if it arrives safely.

Cheers,
Steve

Good work guys - I really enjoy the tomtom, and I hope you do to!

Nice one scotth_uk. I have been toying with the idea of getting one for the wife for a while now and at that price I couldn't resist so I am sure she will appreciate you to. :bannana: :bannana:

Scott,
You have just saved me £70, :bannana: and cost me £360 :crazy:

I feel that the electronics forum is going to get a lot busier shortly with TomTom related stories. :)

Satnav for peanuts - I love it!

I have been using TomTom v3.07 for about a year now. I run it through my Medion PDA and I can only say that it is fantastic. How did I ever manage before without it? One of the advantages of using a PDA is that you can use some excellent third party progs like 'Postcode' from http://www.digitools.co.uk. In addition of course to the brilliant 'Speed camera' database

I will be upgrading my PDA to a wireless model soon and will be flogging it off on ebay. It's only a few months old and if anyone wants to get in first I will be happy to save on ebay fees!

examples of my setup can be found here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75327&item=5743663198&rd=1#ebayphotohosting
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3728&item=5743886847&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Mine comes with an original Cd of Navigon Navigator but I will leave TomTom installed. I can also let you have a copy of all the TT road maps of Europe (ie: each individual country) in addition to Major Roads of Europe. Also shedloads of software.

PM for further info... :)

he he - are we now the Tom Tom Go club too :D

Mine let me down yesterday for the first time, cruising up the M1 in the outside lane, no prior warnings when 'Jane' suddenly tells me to take the exit that I was just shooting past. Had to carry on to the next exit, no big deal, but apart from that it is brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom