Tomtom navigator 6

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WLeg

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB GLC250
Has any got any experiance of this software on the Nokia E65 ?

Is it any good ?

Will the voice come out of the handset, or via the car-kit (also bluetooth) ?

What's the the best bluetooth GPS reciever for it ?

Will it drain the battery in 5 mins ?

Has any got any experiance of this software on the Nokia E65 ?

Is it any good ?

Will the voice come out of the handset, or via the car-kit (also bluetooth) ?

What's the the best bluetooth GPS reciever for it ?

Will it drain the battery in 5 mins ?

should be better on OFF TOPIC than in electronics, in any case I can say that I've installed TT6 on my E50 ad also on a E61i, work very well, I've never utilized a different navigation program on my smartphones but I've always heard that tomtom is the best, I'm sure it is.

As far as the voice, if your phone is paired with the car-kit, the TT voice will come out the car-kit speaker.:) If you don't like it you have to doesn't pair the phone with the car kit. This is my experience with a parrot car-kit and an aftermarket alpine radio.

as far as GPS receiver you have to look for any GPS with chipset SIRFSTAR III if I well remember.

Your last question: if you utilize for more than 10-15' you are forced to feed your phone with a car recharger:)

in any case I confirm that nokia smartphone+TT+external GPS is the way to go!:bannana:

Not all car kits support sat nav voice through the car kit. In our other car I use a Parrot 3300 which has its own GPS ariel and broadcasts it through Bluetooth - it gets around issues with a refelctive windscreen which can block the signal. It's supposed to support voice for the instructions, but I do not think that Tom Tom supports it at present.

1998K is right about battery life. I use a PDA phone and have bought cradles for both the MB and Renault which hold and charge the phone, while putting no holes in the dashboard. It's useful as well if you are using the satnav function.

David

as far as the cradles and charging system I utilize a mounting cradles like this

http://www.brodit.com/

suitable for the main cars on the market.

Plus you can have a phone holder sutable for your specific phone.

I've made a DIY job arranging a sort of "universal magnetic holder" with some magnets below a plastic flat surface.

As far as the charging I've installed below the dash the feed cable, coming out in way of the phone holder (in the upper vent between the dash).

hi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom