TomTom on iPhone 4

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Anyone heard good or bad things about this app? I've been recommended a Clingo too to fix to window.

Thanks! :thumb:

Works for me when needed as a backup, dunno about having to pay for it though it's a bit pricey IMHO.... I got it for nowt so can't complain.

Before you fork out for the TomTom software you might want to try NavFree depending on what coverage you want. Pay for the ad free once you get it on the iPhone. It seems to get very good reviews.

Regards,

I use NavFree, as the name suggest its free and it works well for me as a back up or if I using a car without Sat Nav.

I also use nav free seems ok, if TomTom was cheaper I would use that though as like the way it works. As a back up to our proper tom-tom it works well though.

I use the TomTom app and it works very well. you can do google address search for destination, which if it's a business works very well.

Traffic info (which is an extra) is also excellent.

Only downsides is that if you do as I did and go for the Western Europe version you can't remove individual maps so eats a bit of space and as it's gps you need a car charger really.

I'm told that earlier versions of iPhone needed a GPS windscreen mount to work. 4 seems fine anywhere in the car. I will be having it in a mount attached to the centre console as I have had a gadget stolen when windscreen mounted (with someone in the car!).

Jailbreak your phone any try them all free for a while before you buy

:)

I've been using it on the 3G and the 3GS , also works on the 2G when used with the TomTom carkit .

Nice thing is , buy it once and you can install it on as many devices synced to your computer as you like :D In fact , any apps residing in iTunes can be installed onto as many devices as you like :D

It is not quite as flexible as the old TomTom Navigator 5 I had on my Treo ( you can't install different voices/maps on the iPhone version ) , but it does work very well .

I also have the Navigon software on all 3 iPhones .

The one thing I don't like about CoPilot is that it doesn't pick up addresses from the built-in Address Book but uses its own. To my mind that runs contrary to the usual Apple user-friendliness

Are TomTom & NavFree the same?

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom