Tonights Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercFanUk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jeremy Clarkson and James May travel to Beijing for a look at China's ever-expanding car industry and a violent encounter with The Stig's Chinese cousin.

Meanwhile, Richard Hammond is in Texas to immerse himself in the surprisingly interesting world of NASCAR racing.

Plus, the Mercedes SLS Roadster makes an enormous amount of noise and smoke on the test track, and Matt Le Blanc is the star in the Reasonably Priced Car.

Looking forward to seeing the Roadster - From what I've read the SLS was designed as a roadster first, coupe second - so by rights it should hold it's times and handling pretty well :)

Up to 45 minutes I enjoyed, the Bentley Ferrari camera work was superb - the silly bit was at least confined to a smaller proportion.

A good episode and very thought provoking...really...

The Ferrari was overpriced, overcomplicated and rubbish, the mobility scooters was worthwhile and a very good question was raised by them.

Thought they took the p155 out of the disabled really.

My thougth for new drivers etc, is that they all have the same colour car!!
Even stiped like a zebra!
Then at least the rest of us now what they are. A bit like the old P plate but a grander scale

Good episode and a strong point made for all terrain personal mobility vehicles. An electric half track could be a go-er.
Not long ago they did a feature with injured soldiers, this continues the theme and was meant to be a serious point in typical TG stylee

I've always liked the baby Bentley, that one was a peach. I just need to find £125k from somewhere.

I've had a look down the back of the sofa...

...£124,998.72 to go

I thought tonights was good.

Was absolutely wetting myself at the end when Clarksons scooter was going backwards down the hill and he was shouting "FENTONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN" like that youtube vid LOL

I realise Bentleys tend not to be the most aerodynamic of cars, but was the rear of the Continental being covered in snow a reflection of that, especially compared to the much 'cleaner' Ferrari?

'Thought they took the p155 out of the disabled really.'

Really? It amazes me sometimes. Looked like it was a laugh and highlighting disabled peoples issues on main stream tv, best keep them locked away incase of offending anyone. The soldiers last thing they want is to be treated different, ive met a few with major disabilities, No jokes please, it might offend someone.
Joking is what makes us british, joking about anything its called a sense of humour, i looked at a only fools and horses yesterday, hilarious but would not be allowed on tv nowdays, amazing.

oops cant say that might offend someone

Thought they took the p155 out of the disabled really.

How many disabled did you count? And how many appeared to be offended?

I think patronising disabled people would be the biggest offence you could cause...and this was not patronising.

As soon as the disabled thing came on my wife commented that "Someone" would complain that they taking the p1ss, and she was right, as always!!

It seems we can't do anything in this country now without someone getting upset about it.

I really enjoyed this episode, and I didn't think the 3 soldiers were at all offended or patronised by the proceedings. It appeared to me that they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. I think they'd be more offended by someone not allowing them to take part in a bit of fun because they are disabled.

To be honest I was expecting the Welsh to complain. Now if you were Welsh and disabled...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom