Tonights Top Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
cracking episode last night.when the mobility scooter section came up i said to my gf i bet theres some moody people out there going to complain.brought up very valid points about motor manufacturers looking at building good priced mobility scooters.i dont think it offended anyone to be honest,even when hammond was having that race with the lady down the high street after she put it into quick mode was hilarious and looked like all had fun.the military people didnt look too offended either tbh.overall cracking episode :rock:

Last nights was certainly the best for a long time, hope Top Gear continues to improve.

Funny, without being too silly.

C63 Black, beaten on the track by the Maserati...oh dear! Otherwise, for normal day to day...both are carp.

The Stig got the Maserati to lose to the Merc.

So...who's the better driver?

Last edited:
Seems to me looking at that feature, a normal Bod buying the C63 black will never reach the limit until a hedge or they run out of road... It looks crazy.

In the hands of the Stig maybe but I hold my hands up and on my favourite roads I doubt I would last too long....

Think I will stick to my Xbox

Finding the area immediately adjacent to Richard Hammond's left shoulder strangely interesting tonight...

kYpwu.jpg

Another successful show this evening. Only one duff one so far this series.

C63 Black, beaten on the track by the Maserati...oh dear! Otherwise, for normal day to day...both are carp.

The Stig got the Maserati to lose to the Merc.

So...who's the better driver?
why would the stig want the maserati to lose 2 the c63?
that was a good time for the c63 nearly as fast as a slr.

You misunderstand...Stig, being the better driver, got more out of the AMG.

Agreed, but once again it shows that the AMG is usless for everything apart from a very good racing driver on a track.
For averagely good drivers and on the road it's a complete waste of time...

Last edited by a moderator:
i probably will get shot down for this, but i think the Black is too showy, the Maserati is understated for a "sports" car. i drive past a Ferrari and Maserati garage every day, and they have a Stradle (the older one) on the forecourt, as well as a couple of lambos, and a Ferrari 458, and for me its the Stradle that makes me nearly crash, as i'm not paying attention to the road ahead.

but i love top Gear, its the best hour of entertainment on TV

Let's face it - the C63 is simply an embarrasment, being neither a pedigree racer or a refined cruiser. For the non-cognoscenti, it's just a blinged-up repmobile missing only the brown paper bag for the driver.

Now then, take the SAAB 99 Turbo: a properly fast car and "legendary". As I nevre tire of mentioning, I had the pleasure of owning one - thirty years ago.

0-60 in eight seconds and 50-70, 60-80 and 70-90 increments all around six seconds. A full four-seater and with the rear seats down, a flat six foot long load area.

19348d1278759158-there-perfect-vehicle-all-s99ts.jpg

I'm away to dry my eyes again...

Last edited:
"Holy byline batman" the editors failed to edit out a bit a real motoring journalism tonight on SAAB. :thumb: Something actually about CARS shock horror :eek: --- that will get the "channel hoppers" with the attention span of a gnat reaching for the remote that will. We can't have that. :doh: The all important viewer "ratings" will go right down.:rolleyes:

Let's face it - the C63 is simply an embarrasment, being neither a pedigree racer or a refined cruiser. For the non-cognoscenti, it's just a blinged-up repmobile missing only the brown paper bag for the driver.

The C63 AMG and the C63 AMG Black are two completely different cars. No one would buy a C63 AMG Black as an everyday car. The Black is primarily a track car, but road legal so it can be driven from ones house to the track.

That's done it then. I will have to trade in the C63 for a skip.

0-60 in eight seconds and 50-70, 60-80 and 70-90 increments all around six seconds. A full four-seater and with the rear seats down, a flat six foot long load area.
My Bosses had a pair of 900 turbos and apart from lack of front legroom they were good cars.
One of them managed to crack the cylinder head though...

Amg cars are just a embarrassment have they ever built one decent car . Hammond sum them up in one word ridiculous . If amg keep producing dross cars like the c63 it won't be long before Mercedes drop the brand all together .

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom