tonights top gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was curious how much effort it would take to remove tyre marks. I bet someone was busy in BHS - the Viper made a right mess!!

Thought is was a 'vette?

Thought is was a 'vette?

You're quite correct - it was a Corvette.

A classic car, for the most part, is a classic only in the eye of the fans of that particular marque! My Kawasaki z650 is a 'classic' apparently - but being a late model (1982!!) owners of earlier ones disagree!!!

The Marina was quite frankly, one of the worst 'British' cars ever - devised from the parts bin of BL, a company which only survived thanks to the generosity of the British government (read tax-payer=all of us!!) and therefore the more that are destroyed, the better!!!!

:rolleyes:

:eek: I think it was a Corvette actually. Oops.

I notice you used the term "tyre marks" and not "skid marks".
Any particular reason?

Tyre marks are what the car leaves behind. Skid marks are what the driver leaves behind.

I'll get my coat...

Was it just the camera angles or is the new Fiesta huge?

Pretty sure the shopping centre they drove through was Festival Place in Basingstoke.

Having been there (once) would have been far, far better to do that midweek afternoon when the chavdolescum are loitering.

Review of the Fiesta was overdone a bit but really worth it just to find out that smoke grenades fit in the cupholders

yeah it was Festival place it said at the end

I liked my Marina i had a '79 , 1.3 model and it was really comfy and reliable.

In 2 years motoring I only had to buy a new battery , wish my W210 was as good

I might be wrong but doesn't EVERY next generation model get bigger?

yes its bigger, clarkson said it was bigger yet 40kg lighter, I also assume its better in crash testing that the earlier models,

I thought it was one of their better shows.
Totally enjoyable and very funny.

Conversely I thought that it was a bit desperate this week.

The bit on the Russian stuff felt like a good idea in the office that hadn't worked out when they arrived at Greenham. Like it didn't gel.

The bit at the end with the landing felt forced as well. Like someone knew someone in the military and thought they had an opportunity for a sequence.

Sometime TG just kind of goes flat and yesterday's was one of them.

yeah it was Festival place it said at the end

I liked my Marina i had a '79 , 1.3 model and it was really comfy and reliable.

In 2 years motoring I only had to buy a new battery , wish my W210 was as good

With all due respects............why not buy another then?
I bet you could pick one up for literally peanuts.
I think you may find old father time does tend to generally make our glasses rosier as it progresses. My old Morris 1100 was a reliable runner and all I had to do in 3-4 years was a few oil changes and the routine stuff.
But I wouldnt want one now thank you very much.

The Russian cars bit didn't work for me either.

As an aside, we've got the (German) in-laws staying at the moment. We were watching the last episode from the previous series on BBC3 (I think) ... and up popped the 'England versus Germany' feature - where TG were challenged by their counterparts from the equivalent TV show over there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/episodes/series11episode6.shtml

:eek:

One further point...........
Looking at that old clip should make us all drop to our knees and thank the man above for Clarkson and Co. Never let be it be said that you would want to go back to that style of presentation.

nonsense... ...bring back William Woollard say I :D

I think you may find old father time does tend to generally make our glasses rosier as it progresses.

There are three outcomes IME:
  • Sadly Forgotten
  • Falsely Lambasted
  • Mistakenly Beloved
It's all about how things fit into conversation rather than how they actually were.

I rather like WW as a presenter .... but not of TG.

And last time I saw Chris Goffey it was in a Navy training video.

With all due respects............why not buy another then?
I bet you could pick one up for literally peanuts.
I think you may find old father time does tend to generally make our glasses rosier as it progresses. My old Morris 1100 was a reliable runner and all I had to do in 3-4 years was a few oil changes and the routine stuff.
But I wouldnt want one now thank you very much.

It was "of the time" , I doubt a 30yr old car would be as good nowadays as it was when it was 8 yrs old that the delusion that W124 owners enjoy

But at the time , it was trouble free motoring I'm sure that in 10 years time i'll still look back on it fondly unlike my E Class.

But as a comparison i also had an Ital and that was a POS , nearly killed me on the M4 when the rear suspension collapsed , but even so it was a 10 year old car and much newer MB suffer similar problems

Its all very easy to make fun of how bad some of the BL cars were but all manufacturers make some howlers MB is by no means exempt from this just that some people have rose tinted glasses when it comes to the three pointed star

Was it just the camera angles or is the new Fiesta huge?

Yes it is, Mrs M test drove one a couple of weeks back, I hadn't expected much but was mighty impressed.

The improvement over the old model is immeasurable.

However, not wishing to rock the boat (with mbclubUK of course) we ordered a new A150 Classic instead (which should be arriving in a week or two). It was just better built, bum height was better for Mrs M (MS sufferer) and the badge snobbery is far better:rolleyes:

OK I can't resist ....

The improvement over the old model is immeasurable.

Even that level of improvement doesn't guarantee that the new one will actually be a good car.;)

Bring back Michelle Newman I say!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom