tonights top gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Reading some of the posts on this forum and others, it's like the last ever Marina was killed. :confused:

It's only one car, there's plenty left.

Also, when you decide to sell it, what does it matter what happens to it? Personally, once I have sold a car the purchaser can poke it up his festering dung trumpet for all I care. What difference does it make? Sorry to break it to you, but cars do not have feelings. :rolleyes:

Bring back Michelle Newman I say!

Aren't her hands all covered in mild green fairy liquid?:confused:
Am I thinking of another Newman? It's certainly not Paul!:rolleyes:

We put about 2 million new cars on our roads each year so we have to take about same off.
So to set fire to some old scrapers is fine by me

i have seen a lot of the cars after tg has finished with them and believe me they are in no way mint condition to start with, usually full of rust and tarted up for the show.:devil:

I think what particularly rankles is that the previous model Fiesta/Focus were particularly well regarded by journos. I never rated the handling of the ordinary Focus as anything special compared with its competition (at least the ones I have tried) and I particularly loathed the Fiesta as one of the few small cars I just couldn't live with.

Mrs Marque has a 6yo 5-door Fiesta Finesse 1.4 TDCI, which she bought new. It's actually very nippy, corners well and is quite fun if you push it a bit, which is what journos like. (She never drives it like that, of course!) However, the build quality is rubbish. Cheap plastic bits just break or fall off and the seats are uncomfortable. It's also noisy, and develops a loud whistle at 65-70 mph!

I once found myself doing 110 mph in it without realising! (In Germany, of course.) ;)

Ok, they were asking for that.

Another Marina bites the dust!

I laughed pretty hard.

I enjoyed the feature on the two electic cars, even though some of the comments re Hydrogen were slighly misleading. Producing hydrogen is an "energetically" unfavourable process.

The V8 strapped to a rocking chair, I was in tears with laughter!

Last edited:
The piano on the Marina was class. Let us see if the Marina owners club dare complain again.

Who knows, they might get sent some of those wonderful gifts: bet they could really use a Wizards Sleeve, a Pork Sword and C0ck rings.

bet they could really use a Wizards Sleeve, a Pork Sword and C0ck rings.

Mrs DM reckons a good Pork Sword would be good on Christmas Day.....no need to bother buying a Turkey...

Mrs DM reckons a good Pork Sword would be good on Christmas Day

but she's got yours instead Will (boom boom)

coat fetching time methinks

So what did the Stig's morse code say this week?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom