Too cheap CLS63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If that is a genuine sale it is a huge bargain, even for a 2011 with 60k
In my favourite colour too.

Could be a very nice car if only the pictures were better. Why no full side on shots?

No license plates on show - insurance write-off?

Probably only needed a front bumper too

I too had noticed this Jules and had asked the seller a few questions. One of which he had answered: Reg plate is JEZ 5813. MOT history failings/advisories were all air suspension related.

No idea if it is on V car or any other register. IF it all checks out, I agree it is a cheap 63.

Cheap enough, but I thought these were circa £20kish anyway, so doubt it’s a scam. Perhaps the owner needs the cash or the car wants a couple of £k spending on it?

According to Autotrader it’s not recorded.

Circa £22k upwards so very cheap, especially as it’s not high mileage and apparently is in excellent condition. Worth a look for someone, but would be interested to know if it didn’t have any underlying issues.

Cheap enough, but I thought these were circa £20kish anyway, so doubt it’s a scam. Perhaps the owner needs the cash or the car wants a couple of £k spending on it?

According to Autotrader it’s not recorded.

To be fair Will, I have been monitoring the prices of these, and am yet to come across a 'straight' one for less than £22k. Funnily enough you can always seem to find the E63 for less when comparing the two like for like.

Previous owner of mine had all the rear air suspension fixed/replaced before I got it. £4800 in parts from main dealer!

To be fair Will, I have been monitoring the prices of these, and am yet to come across a 'straight' one for less than £22k. Funnily enough you can always seem to find the E63 for less when comparing the two like for like.
Might be worth asking Karl about his, as I think his is a similar age/mileage and he bought only a few months ago?

Funny enough, the last CLS63 for sale I remember being discussed was an absolute minter, low mileage (20k), high spec shooting brake.

Even that one with a third of the mileage and a couple of years newer (13 plate IIRC?) people were saying it wasn’t worth much more than mid twenties?

Hard to say really but this advert being a scam at £18k - I genuinely doubt it :)

And I’m pretty sure it’s not a categorised car either :thumb:

Previous owner of mine had all the rear air suspension fixed/replaced before I got it. £4800 in parts from main dealer!

£4800 in parts?

Seems unbelievable!

No license plates on show - insurance write-off?

Most people hide the reg on adverts - that old thing of people nicking your reg for crime still happens. BEtter to be safe than sorry (with letters through your door and YOU have to prove it wasnt you ) If someone if genuinely interested they can take 5 mins to call or message for the reg in order to do their checks - Yes I know a criminal can also do this but hey let them work for it !

Lovely CLS but yes need better pics feels a little restricted viewing

Might be worth asking Karl about his, as I think his is a similar age/mileage and he bought only a few months ago?

Funny enough, the last CLS63 for sale I remember being discussed was an absolute minter, low mileage (20k), high spec shooting brake.

Even that one with a third of the mileage and a couple of years newer (13 plate IIRC?) people were saying it wasn’t worth much more than mid twenties?

Hard to say really but this advert being a scam at £18k - I genuinely doubt it :)

And I’m pretty sure it’s not a categorised car either :thumb:
Doesn’t mean it’s straight.

£22k is definitely bottom end even with 70-90k miles. £18k is very low, fair play if the seller needs a quick sale, but I reckon he’d get over £20k if it was an auction. I’d want it scanning a couple of time for codes and code history before jumping into one this cheap.

Most of the adverts from sellers who are into the car scene will hide the plate I found.

The average joe probably doesnt care /cant be bothered or isnt aware of the risks of exposing your numberplate online

im sure if it was a write off they would mention it in the advert. its not like hiding the plate will hide the fact its a write off. Unless the blurred area is actually hiding half of the bumper missing :p

Doesn’t mean it’s straight.

£22k is definitely bottom end even with 70-90k miles. £18k is very low, fair play if the seller needs a quick sale, but I reckon he’d get over £20k if it was an auction. I’d want it scanning a couple of time for codes and code history before jumping into one this cheap.
I wonder if he’s been offered £15/16k trade in and just wants a little more for a quick private sale?

Quite possibly wants some jobs doing as do most used cars but even if it was £3/4k more expensive it’s no guarantee of a fault free car of course. This one looks okay to me but obviously hasn’t been prepped to a retail standard and won’t have any warranty either - both of which could account for why it’s priced lower than the ones being retailed?

I wonder if he’s been offered £15/16k trade in and just wants a little more for a quick private sale?

Quite possibly wants some jobs doing as do most used cars but even if it was £3/4k more expensive it’s no guarantee of a fault free car of course. This one looks okay to me but obviously hasn’t been prepped to a retail standard and won’t have any warranty either - both of which could account for why it’s priced lower than the ones being retailed?
Could be yes, but he describes it as “perfect example” and “immaculate condition” with zero mention of any potential issues or work needed. Also has a “make offer” option so willing to probably take £16k-£17k.

Definitely worth investigating for a potential buyer, but still seems too cheap to me.

If you search the plate it throws up a member on here (by connecting some dots) who hasn't been on since 2009.
I'd say it would be worth an inspection by any potential buyer. Or certainly a phone call or two to find out more.
I have always said a lack of advert effort/information isn't a bad thing when buying a car and actually works in the buyers favour.
Some of the best cars I have bought have been through awful adverts and, likewise, some of the worst I have viewed have been from what I thought were fantastic adverts!

Seems a little strange, he had the plate on a evoque, which he sold on Ebay saying he was moving abroad. Then bought this car immediately after, in October 18. Now selling so soon?

Range Rover Evoque | eBay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom