Too fast, too close........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxbrownie

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML350Cdi BE now replaced, E220 2013MY just for a bit.....
Lovely warm light evening last night, could have been the girls last had she been quicker to cross!

Last edited:
Idiot biker. Pity there wasn't a policeman handy; if ever someone deserved the book thrown...

Yes, I muted the audio when I edtied it......I did let an explitive lose I am afraid!

Oh for front mounted plates on bikes.....forward facing......not the old Knife edge jobbies.

I would have edged slightly to the right, let him try & explain that.

Reminds me of the time I walked across a pelican crossing on the high street in Bourne End in Bucks.

Two of us crossing, got over halfway to stop or be run over by a dopey bint in a Jag.

Unfortunately travelling too fast to have its door knee'd in!

The old 'keep looking and listening' applies regardless...

Lucky she was watching - idiot biker giving other bikers a bad name.

He nearly hit the car...and was taking avoiding action..lucky.

Not only was the bike too close to the car, the rider managed not to see the flashing beacons ahead and then gave a huge bootful of rear brake with no or very little front braking, judging by the amount his front forks don't compress.

Idiot.

Part of me thinks "send this to the police anyway, they may be interested in tracking the biker down", then another part of me thinks "What sort of world would we be living in if everyone on the road was policing everyone else?"

I thought the police had set up a website for submitting dashcam footage now.. let me see if I can find it.

[EDIT] a quick read on this referred me to a site that sells dashcams called policewitness.com.

They have a link with instructions but I dont know if this is a genuine way of reporting this or whether it is just a way for this third party to harvest interesting videos.

http://policewitness.com/report-incident/

Last edited:
No, I was sationary anyway, I had thought he might end up sliding under the front of my car but he gathered it and really opened up the throttle to pass the Audi.....I think he was surprised by the crossing....as said before not paying attention at all.

Hmm..........

Ok he clearly not paying attention and gets caught out taking avoiding action not to hit the car,
hes clearly wrong overtaking on the crossing zig zags
but is over 12 ft away from the girl crossing so not even near her.

Hmm..........

Ok he clearly not paying attention and gets caught out taking avoiding action not to hit the car,

But apart from that no real problem?

Hmm..........

I am not sure which world your living in, but my tape measure is shorter than yours!
crossing.jpg

and..... he is also on the wrong side of the road, hanging out as he tries to regain balance. The camera angle suggest he was close to colliding with the OP.

Good looking girl.... Just mentioning that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom