Too many miles. Not enough fuel !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can get up to two months ... when I'm not using the car ...

Being in the same boat of only having the car a week and being on holiday since I picked it up I had been wondering if I was only going to the office and back without any other running around for work would I get a week out of a tank???

Looks like that is a definite :fail but I think I knew that anyway as I had guessed I would need to get 20 mpg to manage it. As you say, its the disruption to routine and the standing about in the horizontal wind and rain thats the PITA. I had a V70 T5 Volvo a few years back and was at the pumps every third or fourth day. At least summer is on its way!:D

I just need to work out where all the convenient petrol stations are now at 200 mile intervals. Maybe even 150 when I get out on about onto the open roads in the Highlands and away from the central belt. Can't wait!

Another positive is the amount of Airmiles (or Avios as they now are) you can collect using the correct cards and loyalty schemes

I'm sure it won't spoil any of the enjoyment of these fantastic machines

Being in the same boat of only having the car a week and being on holiday since I picked it up I had been wondering if I was only going to the office and back without any other running around for work would I get a week out of a tank???

Looks like that is a definite :fail but I think I knew that anyway as I had guessed I would need to get 20 mpg to manage it. As you say, its the disruption to routine and the standing about in the horizontal wind and rain thats the PITA. I had a V70 T5 Volvo a few years back and was at the pumps every third or fourth day. At least summer is on its way!:D

I just need to work out where all the convenient petrol stations are now at 200 mile intervals. Maybe even 150 when I get out on about onto the open roads in the Highlands and away from the central belt. Can't wait!

Another positive is the amount of Airmiles (or Avios as they now are) you can collect using the correct cards and loyalty schemes

I'm sure it won't spoil any of the enjoyment of these fantastic machines

central belt? where are you from? i'm dunfermline.

Airdrie these days...

I had wondered how many folks were around up here

I have a Santander 123 card which helps. 3% cash back on all fuel.

Out of interest Ive just checked out data on What Car and tank sizes on the M3 and Audi A4Avant V8 are 57 and 65 litres respectively so the C63 is comparable.

Out of interest Ive just checked out data on What Car and tank sizes on the M3 and Audi A4Avant V8 are 57 and 65 litres respectively so the C63 is comparable.

Yep, all 3 need a bigger fuel tank.

well that's annoying. It would appear that 1 tank of fuel isn't enough to get to work and back Monday-Friday. Mind you as I've only had the car a week I could put it down to being a tad heavy with the right foot.

Problem is I didn't buy the car for its mpg but I hate going to the petrol station on the way to work as it screws around with my routine. So much for the advertised "Larger fuel tank" fitted in the car.

Am I asking too much to get 250 miles from a tank of fuel ?

Order from Petrol Direct

:)

Hi i got 160 miles out of a tank, and that was from full to the petrol light coming on, i don't tend run into the red on fuel.
It says in the handbook the C63 AMG total capacity is 66.01 of which14.01 is reserve fuel.

My brother has a V8 M3 and he said, when the fuel light comes on put £40 in and see what you get from it, he gets 140 miles and i got 106 miles but i do a lot of short journeys. But to be honest i don't really care.:D

I once got almost 400 miles from a tank full, it was two 170 mile journeys and the other 60 was around town, that was before my cat gutting and remap, now I don't seem to be able to drive it that sensibly at all, the noise is just too intoxicating.

I'm lucky if I get 200 miles till the fuel light comes on now.

Maybe but at the compromise of boot space no doubt.

The golf clubs would still fit even if the boot was smaller. That's good enough for me ;)

-Ian said:
The golf clubs would still fit even if the boot was smaller. That's good enough for me ;)

My clubs,trolley & golf shoes actually live in my boot. The extra weight gives me a little more traction.

Well according to the manual the C63 and C350 Blue Efficiency have a 66 litre tank and all other C Class models have a 59 litre tank.

My C350 has the 66 litre tank. The computer says I've averaged 26.5mpg so far (a lot of spirited driving) but I've seen a peak reading of 45 mpg and I got up to 39mpg today on the m25.

When I first got my car, I was getting about 11mpg/12mpg.

Was fun though.

Ricky typed 220mpg on the first page...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom