Too many miles. Not enough fuel !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

-Ian

Car
C63 AMG
well that's annoying. It would appear that 1 tank of fuel isn't enough to get to work and back Monday-Friday. Mind you as I've only had the car a week I could put it down to being a tad heavy with the right foot.

Problem is I didn't buy the car for its mpg but I hate going to the petrol station on the way to work as it screws around with my routine. So much for the advertised "Larger fuel tank" fitted in the car.

Am I asking too much to get 250 miles from a tank of fuel ?

You could always stop at the petrol station on the way home! ;)

I managed to get 220 mpg driving like a granny all day but then what's the point in owning a c63 if u drive like a granny and trust me regardless of the amount of time you have owned the car u will always have a heavy foot

I managed to get 220 mpg driving like a granny all day but then what's the point in owning a c63 if u drive like a granny and trust me regardless of the amount of time you have owned the car u will always have a heavy foot

220 mpg!! :eek:

well that's annoying. It would appear that 1 tank of fuel isn't enough to get to work and back Monday-Friday. Mind you as I've only had the car a week I could put it down to being a tad heavy with the right foot.

Problem is I didn't buy the car for its mpg but I hate going to the petrol station on the way to work as it screws around with my routine. So much for the advertised "Larger fuel tank" fitted in the car.

Am I asking too much to get 250 miles from a tank of fuel ?

Who knows...if you stated the size of the fuel tank it might help.

Was that down a very very very very long hill?

-Ian said:
well that's annoying. It would appear that 1 tank of fuel isn't enough to get to work and back Monday-Friday. Mind you as I've only had the car a week I could put it down to being a tad heavy with the right foot. Problem is I didn't buy the car for its mpg but I hate going to the petrol station on the way to work as it screws around with my routine. So much for the advertised "Larger fuel tank" fitted in the car. Am I asking too much to get 250 miles from a tank of fuel ?

Got no where near that with mine and yes it does get tedious filling up every week. On the plus side you get on good terms with the staff at the petrol station!

I had to go to petrol station every 2.5 day in my previous car and it was only 2l 200BHP. Being able to avoid visit petrol station for a few days in C63 is not bad :) It could be worse, you could be commuting 120miles every day ;-)

Who knows...if you stated the size of the fuel tank it might help.

No idea. It just stated on the speck at the MB dealer that the car had a "Larger fuel tank". No idea if this was an option or just a standard for the C63 over other C Class models.

No idea. It just stated on the speck at the MB dealer that the car had a "Larger fuel tank". No idea if this was an option or just a standard for the C63 over other C Class models.

In that case I think 250 miles is very very good...no, I mean very very bad...I give up.

You've already said you've filled the tank a couple of times...how much fuel did you put in the tank (this is like pulling teeth).

Well according to the manual the C63 and C350 Blue Efficiency have a 66 litre tank and all other C Class models have a 59 litre tank.

Well according to the manual the C63 and C350 Blue Efficiency have a 66 litre tank and all other C Class models have a 59 litre tank.

So, 66L is 13.2 gallons...assuming you don't run on dirty air, you are getting about 20 mpg...is that so bad for a 6.2L car?

So, 66L is 13.2 gallons...assuming you don't run on dirty air, you are getting about 20 mpg...is that so bad for a 6.2L car?
20 mpg would be great but I'm enjoying the car too much to get near that at the moment. An extra £10 in fuel per week than the XF 5.0L and the visit to the petrol station is a small sacrifice to pay for the soundtrack of the C63 :thumb:

Roll on my secondary cat delete in a few weeks.

And even more visits to the petrol station.... With that noise, your foot will always be flat to the floor!

20 mpg would be great but I'm enjoying the car too much to get near that at the moment. An extra £10 in fuel per week than the XF 5.0L and the visit to the petrol station is a small sacrifice to pay for the soundtrack of the C63 :thumb:

Roll on my secondary cat delete in a few weeks.

Do the maths...if you are getting 250 per tank then you are getting 20mpg assuming you have about a gallon left when you fill up.

Renault... This is a new member with less than 30 posts... Shouldn't you be a bit more welcoming towards him, rather than trying to scare him off?

Do the maths...if you are getting 250 per tank then you are getting 20mpg assuming you have about a gallon left when you fill up.

The OP says he wants to get 250 miles from a tank if fuel, but can't.

He did not say how much he did get, but it will obviously be less than the 250 miles he would have wanted to get.

Hence, while your calculation is correct, the 20 mpg you mention is what he wanted, not what he is actually getting from the car.

I get two weeks out of a tank of fuel...

But then it does sit in a car park for two weeks :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom