Too Much Millers Injecter Problem ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy67

Car
CLK 270 CDI Avantgarde
Three weeks ago I added Millers diesel Power Ecomax Fuel Additive to my CLK 270 CDI, just to see if there was some improvement.

Took a general look around the engine today I noticed that there was liquid around all 5 of my injectors. And it’s pure Millers.
There is no Milky stuff coming from the oil filler

I don’t have loss of diesel and don’t have this Black Death, or is this the sign that in time I will.

On watching the engine when it’s running can’t see any spray come from any pipes and no air bubbles coming from injecters, but of cause it must be.

Must say that the car is not as fast as it uses to be.

Is it a matter of having them all nipped down, or reseated.

Does anyone know what needs to be done?
I have scanned car for codes and have none

Thanks for any advice given

Attachments

• 20141026_102959.jpg
    20141026_102959.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20141026_102813.jpg
    20141026_102813.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 79
johnsco will be your man for this. He will be along soon Im sure.

Lots of forum guys used Millers not seen this reported before.

Good Luck

Pure Millers? How could that happen, you added it to the fuel in your tank and now it has been separated at the cylinder head?

The injectors are leaking either diesel or combustion gasses, which hasn't yet solidified.

Ooops. Forgot about Dieselman. Sorry buddy.

Thanks for the heads up on the above ,,so this would lead to the Black death.. best get them sorted .

Does anyone know of a reasonable costing garage in the nottingham/derby area for reseating these injecters.. and a guess at the cost

The cost of the seals and injector grease is cheap.

The cost of removing the injector bolts and injectors can be expensive depending if the bolts snap or strip the threads coming out.

If an injector is seized and needs pulling this can lead to the injector/s needing an overhaul after the tops have been removed.

Don't cut the seats on the head polish them instead first, if they need cutting then do so, you will have a blow by gap in the seat if its really bad but your looks like early stage blow by.

I have a tutorial on bolt replacement that includes some tips might help you have a go yourself.

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/engine/169126-cdi-injector-bolt-repair-time-sert.html

:)

If the Millers additive is properly mixed in with the diesel fuel, there is no way that it can separate out again.
The two products are perfectly-miscible ... Otherwise the additive would be ineffective.
I use the recommended dosage - But the percentage mix is fairly-widely tolerant and is unlikely to cause any problems such as those described.

Thank you for the how to, on removing the injector, its a bit to much for me to start it, and i dont have the right tools. so it when to MB Independent Notts today , seemed I only needed No 5 reseating .Cost me £75.90

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom