Too much to ask? SIRI AND music streaming AND Bluetooth phone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeInWimbledon

MB Enthusiast
Car
(Ex S211 E500, W212 E500, C216, S212 E500, W211 E500 5.5, W221 S500, S211 E500, SL500, S500, E55)
Is anyone happy and effectively using SIRI, music streaming AND Bluetooth phone on their Mercedes?

I may be wrong .... but it seems like the Viseeo MB4+ doesn't quite get there, even though I "supposedly" have bluetooth on the Comand unit.

Which makes me wonder whether, for longer trips, I should just stick with bog-standard cables to stream music, and a "bluetooth" phone adaptor, and for hopping into and out of the car just the standard ear buds.

(This is for a 2007 W221)

Yes? All the time. I have a bluetooth audio receiver off of eBay (with a little built in amplifier as the input volume is pants in the Audio 20's aux input).

I say "Hey, Siri, play playlist 'Driving songs'". and she'll get on with it.

I have bluetooth connected to the car itself too for phone calls.

If my phone rings, my iPhone pauses the music obviously, that's being sent via bluetooth to my third party bluetooth aux adaptor, then it rings through the bluetooth connection to the car itself and I answer it with the answer button on the steering wheel, talk through the car's mic and speakers, end call and iPhone resumes music.

Is this not your experience? I'm fairly sure yours has similar tech to mine, the bluetooth that's built in is only for calls right?

Trying to work out whether to buy a Viseeo MB4

To clarify, at present I don't have the Viseeo MB4 installed in my W221.

I'm reading mbclub.co.uk and seeing contradictory stories about whether it can both stream music AND operate a bluetooth Iphone. Some seem to suggest that you need a second Viseeo widget to do the music streaming piece. And some just seem to twitch in frustration.

The only two downsides to running a ten year old car: Phone compatibility and what to do with the £10k a year you save.

Am in same position, have a Pay as You Go sim in my factory installed Nokia in my E class, rarely used as most people do not have the number., my iPhone stays on flight mode while in car . Been trying to decide what next , however as prefer not to talk while driving , even with hands free, the real requirement is music streaming, especially as only have single cd slot

Am in same position, have a Pay as You Go sim in my factory installed Nokia in my E class, rarely used as most people do not have the number., my iPhone stays on flight mode while in car . Been trying to decide what next , however as prefer not to talk while driving , even with hands free, the real requirement is music streaming, especially as only have single cd slot

Is the cradle Bluetooth? If so, then unpair the Nokia, but leave it in the cradle. Then pair you iPhone to the cradle. You just need to leave the Nokia in the cradle when you want to connect your iPhone.

To clarify, at present I don't have the Viseeo MB4 installed in my W221.

I'm reading mbclub.co.uk and seeing contradictory stories about whether it can both stream music AND operate a bluetooth Iphone. Some seem to suggest that you need a second Viseeo widget to do the music streaming piece. And some just seem to twitch in frustration.

The only two downsides to running a ten year old car: Phone compatibility and what to do with the £10k a year you save.

Do you have an aux-in socket, which accepts a 3.5mm jack plug? If so, get an Anker SoundSync Drive for £10-12, conceal the cables, and you won't be disappointed.

My cradle is not Bluetooth , only have CD /Radio, no Command. Did have a cheap gadget in my Landcruiser that plugged into the cigarette lighter socket and and sent MP3 signal from IPlayer to radio on unused channel. Gave it away when I sold the car, maybe I will buy another as they are very cheap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom