Took an S63 Cabrio out today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rsk21

Car
German and British
....and on my may home was lucky enough to see my old forum mate, owner of my former downpipes and all round good bloke Peter DLM :thumb:

As for the car it was hilarious, huge, fast with pops and bangs, incredible luxury, ludicrously high gadget count and impressively taut for something so big and missing a roof. Only downside was that the gearbox felt woefully slow and I think I've become too used to DCT and PDK in other cars. That said the car isnt really meant for manual shifting I suppose which I supect means that the non AMG cars in the S Cabrio range are really more fit for purpose. As for the depreciation curve at £140k as specced I suspect it would be catastrophic in the first year or so.

Despite the downsides it made me feel all warm towards MB and AMG all over again so much so that I'm going to put in a speculative enquiry about a C63S cabrio and see if I can get a drive in one of those :D

:thumb: glad you enjoyed it. That's the thing with these cars. They really do pamper you.
I'm get soft in my older age and the AMGs seem to really hit the spot.

Ah so that was you in the yellow Macan turbo ! I totally didn't clock you from behind unfortunely. That's a pretty car, and the S63 also I'd quite gladly drive around if given one for free.

Peter DLM said:
Ah so that was you in the yellow Macan turbo ! I totally didn't clock you from behind unfortunely. That's a pretty car, and the S63 also I'd quite gladly drive around if given one for free.

It was indeed

The Mac is a very pleasant car I have to say, good at so many different things. Was funny that I should see you in MK today of all days !

AMG Tour by MB of MK?

Love the S63 Cab. It's certainly one of my favourite cars to date....shame the purse strings can't stretch to that crazy purchase price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom