Tool box bargain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
I have been hunting around for some time for a decent sized tool chest in a bid to create some order to my tool collection.

Anyway, I stumbled across a good quality toolbox the other day with proper roller bearing drawers and wheels, a decent lock and, full of reasonable quality tools. I wasn't really looking for more tools but you can never have enough right? :)

Half price in Halfords at £350, I couldn't resist and bought it on the spot. I thought I'd mention it in case someone else might benefit from buying a set while its on sale.

7 Drawer Roller Cabinet
box.jpg

Five Drawers come with tools

Top Drawer
draw1.jpg

Drawer 2
draw2.jpg

Drawer 3
draw3.jpg

Drawer 4
draw4.jpg

Drawer 5
draw5.jpg

What a bargain, a good selection of tools.

No good for me though as I wouldn't have a clue what they are or what to do with them!! That's what my MB Dealer is there for!!!

The tools are all Halfords branded, the top two drawers are from the Halfords Professional range which have a pretty good reputation for balance between cost and quality.

The quality is pretty good throughout. Perhaps not quite as good as my Teng stuff but certainly more than adequate for a home mechanic.

A nice touch is that the foam liners have been impregnated with oil so as to prevent anything going rusty.

Last edited:
That looks pretty nice - good find

Ill be getting that for sure, is it an offer price or will it still be around when i get back from hols in april?

Its an offer price so I think you need to get your skates on and get someone to pick one up for you if you are away.

Its bloody heavy so it'll take a couple of people to fetch it. Should fit in an estate car I'd imagine as it slotted in the limo pretty easy.

You showed five drawers and it seems to have seven. Presumably you have found space for the original tools which prompted your search?

You showed five drawers and it seems to have seven. Presumably you have found space for the original tools which prompted your search?

:D :D :D

You are nearly right... , some of my original tools will fit in the two deep bottom drawers. Sadely, I'm still on the hunt for suitable storage for the rest of my tool collection. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom