Tool identification

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
Any idea what the two odd tools are? The ring thing looks very much like something for loosening a serp belt tensioner or similar as the end is a square 1/2" drive size. The other thing looks like a castellated nut tool. Ideas on a postcard please.

Attachments

• IMG_20220228_174916__01.jpg
    IMG_20220228_174916__01.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 47
No idea but good to see you back posting on here.

Unless I am mistaken you haven't been seen for some time?

I think the rightmost tool could be a valve spring depresser, to allow OHC valve clearance to be adjusted without removing the camshaft.

Indeed. Busy. Life. Divorce. Cancer, y'know, usual stuff.
Sorry to hear about those negatives. I hope things are now going well for you.

No idea rearly but the far right tool looks like something from the 1960's where you hooked it over the chrome hib caps to get them off before changing a wheel,as for the op's situation I would say there ar a couple of positives in there as well.

Tool on right looks like a cam valve bucket tappet depressor, so you can shim your clearances,

C spanners used to adjust the pressure on modified shock absorbers if they have been changed in the past . The tool with the round part on is for locating the holes in the hub when you replace the road wheels . Push it in to a hole in the wheel locate the hole in the disc or, hub ,and screw it in so you can line up the other wheel bolts, and then remove it .

C spanners used to adjust the pressure on modified shock absorbers if they have been changed in the past . The tool with the round part on is for locating the holes in the hub when you replace the road wheels . Push it in to a hole in the wheel locate the hole in the disc or, hub ,and screw it in so you can line up the other wheel bolts, and then remove it .
Screw it in?-There is no thread as far as I can see?

So i see as i expanded the picture and now i can see its got a square end so it may be for sump plug removal or for sockets so it can be turn with a tommy bar ..You see these tool kits get so many items put in to them ,,that in some cases have nothing to do with you model of car ..so what car did the tool kit come from .If genuine will show a ☮

So i see as i expanded the picture and now i can see its got a square end so it may be for sump plug removal or for sockets so it can be turn with a tommy bar ..You see these tool kits get so many items put in to them ,,that in some cases have nothing to do with you model of car ..so what car did the tool kit come from .If genuine will show a ☮
Sump Plug/Diff Filler Plug seems to be a fair assumption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom