Tools to break into a car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
Mrs Kinky was loading up Kinky Junior in the car this morning and noticed a bright orange screwdriver (6-8 inches in length) hidden in the bushes right next to her car. Upon closer investigation she also noticed a crow bar too.

They were certainly not there yesterday afternoon about 3:00pm, so sometime between then and 09:30 this morning they were put there.

Can I safely assume these would not be used for breaking into one of our cars? And would therefore assume that if we were/are the target, that it's the house they're targetting and not the cars?

She did phone the BiB (my old nick) who were not that interested, but gave her a crime number and told her to drop them up to the station when she could be bothered.

No visible attempt on our cars, or the house - and all our immediate neighbours are all aware too.

Sleepless night tonight methinketh. I'll have my very trusty 4-cell maglite close to hand .... :mad:

K

That's worrying Mate.:devil:

Hope everything is OK, now and in the future at your place.:crazy: :crazy:

Hope you have good security.:confused:

Keep your baseball bats in the obvious positions just in case.

Whilst I'm not advocating excessive force. If it was me, they would, if I caught them, be drinking through a straw !!!!!!!

I kid you not !

yeah - I'm all tooled up.

And if they do get in I can assure you they won't get very far, what with a dog that sleeps through anything and would lick you to death, a cat that pays no attention to anyone and 2 killer rabbits who we can't let as they'd eat half the house overnight!

Anyhow, I think we'll be alright.

The tools have been found, so firstly they have nothing, and secondly our awareness is heightened.

Let it be a lesson to you all folks, and be careful out there. Don't get too casual.

All my old police training will come in useful now - especially with my maglite !!!!

K

Maglite

I am intrigued by the maglite. Is it to be used as an assault / defence weapon or I am missing something here.

A three or four cell maglight makes for a very effective [legal-ish] baton... four cell for the house (for greater reach & power) and a three cell for the car (it fits nice and snug between seat and centre console). :rolleyes:

erm ....

let's put it this way ....

it's a 4-cell maglite and it's purpose is to illuminate objects or areas you wish to view when it's dark, or a very distinct lack of light - natural or otherwise.

But it also just happens :devil: that if you hold it the other way around, it fits perfectly into your hand and you get an excellent grip. Added to that is the weight of the 4 batteries at the other end, with a solid meaty tube.

But all in the name of self-protection.

K

I suppose it's possible that the tools had been dumped after another job rather than in preperation for the next one. But
then if it was close by the BiB would hopefully have known
about it.
Is it worth cutting the bushes down ?

only problem used to be that it was a PITA when you were running with it hanging on it's clip. I broke the clip in the end (caught it on a fence).

Sorry - I should have clarified - the bushes are approx 18" high - and that's the peculiarity.

We actually had an attempted break-in about 8 years ago and as a result cut down all our trees out the front as they hid visibility of the front door from the neighbours/road.

Not now though - 100% visible!

Some of the guys on PistonHeads reckon that it's simply a scrotes dumping ground - ie - does not want to be caught in posession of them or on his property.

Still shakes you up though - and I won't be letting my guard down tonight - esp. betwen 02:00 and 04:00 (typical break-in times).

If your local Plod cannot be bothered ask Mrs. Kinky to phone them again and tell then that the matter is resolved as you are sitting by the door with a shotgun, wonder how long it will take them to visit? :D

PS. I do hope you, your family and your cars are ok.

Originally posted by PJH
I suppose it's possible that the tools had been dumped after another job rather than in preperation for the next one.

Gets my vote.

you'll probably find that they were trawling the area looking for an easy target and maybe a police car went by, the first thing they'd do then is dump their tools in the nearest bush. If i were you id put the crowbar back under the bush and run a wire to it from your mains supply and lie in wait for them to come and get it . :)

Well, no problems last night.

Unfortunately I could not find any mouse traps to stick in the bush.

I half expected the cars to be scratched to buggery this morning, but nope - all AOK.

So alls well in the Kinky household. Still be on red alert for the next few days though.

Thanks all.

K

i found a massive screwdriver once behind my bin, same thing, police werent interested, so i took it and oput it in my toolbox, mum saw some guy looking for something in my front garden a few days later and when approached, walked away!

just keep an eye out for em, i doubt they will come back if they notice that their tools have been rumbled!

I had this happen once, removed the screwdriver and bar and left a note saying "Hello, we're watching you". Did'nt watch, mind but often wondered what the expression on his/her face must have been like, if they did return.

Last posting on this (I promise).

Mrs K popped up to the local nick this morning to drop off the crowbar/screwdriver as requested.

They had absolutely no interest in them whatsoever, and said that they would log them as 'lost property'.

At this rate I reckon we'll probably be nicked for theft :crazy:

I don't know if this is connected or whether it was just a Land Rover fault ( :D ) a Disco's alarm went off 3 times this morning - 03:00 - (K - at the house on the end of our row) so I reckon you may have shifted their attention to our side of the A30!

So what can I do to frighten them back..... :rolleyes:

R

Why would the local nick want the tools?

1. Break into donut machine...

Richard,

You can keep them over your side of the A30 thank you very much!

Hey it was really cool seeing you this evening! And Alex too. Missed Tracy and Hugo!.

And defo beers soon. You name the day.

Mrs. K says you and T gotta come round for drinks at Crimbo time.

K

P.S. - Flip - not too far off the truth methinketh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom