Tools. What's in your box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This little cheapy has proved very useful

These are great in the underground.

Seriously great bit of kit that can save hours of frustration and large amounts of cash. My Pajero is designed to swallow parts & tools. It eats them. One of these mirrors has saved me many times. I have a small selection of extending LED retrievers that all get regular use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy. Last night whilst I was sleeping, the Tool Fairies broke into my dreams, smashed open the padlocks on my wallet, got online and bought the Alden Chicago Wrench set using my PayPal Account. So harmony is restored, as there was a possibility of an empty (spanner sized gap) in one of my drawers that just need to be plugged with (well err) spanners.

Well well well, the tool fairy arrived on time and bringing great gifts. These included (with thanks to Wolfie1.

58417f2ec8848156a0c60a377d90d0c7.jpg
. Brilliant wobble extensions. These do the job with no more nipped fingers.

Then these: thanks to martygt550

3d3eff96d3b0205d79c0fd63c4df30c1.jpg

Not cheap. But quality and make access to tight nut & bolt heads easy. Another tool that just makes life easier. Oh and they look good.

1 of my favourite tools in my tool box has to be my 3/8 drive battery ratchet, can be used like a normal ratchet but then when slacker you just press the button and away it goes. Obviously if its massively tight you need a long standard ratchet 3/8" Drive 12V MAX Ratchet Kit, No. BRS038-D2

Bruce nice collection . I dont think that socket set i sent to you , will ever fit in among those first class tools that you have . My tools are building up from the garage next door . As yet 6 socket sets ,taps and dies of all sizes ,drills hundreds of them . Spanners testers battery chargers .I listed lots on our local web site. My fiend next door Gordon and his father built a garage on the back yard a long long time ago. And these tools have built up over time These tools are vintage pullers extractors . Screws by the thousand , I never had anything to do with wood work like planes sanders saws benches ,.I need to make one more trip next door to remove the last few items that i take a fancy to .

I cleaned every one with silicon grease yesterday. Every single one. That should offer winter protection, when needed. I am also looking at some other suggestions involving Linseed Oil & White Spirit to keep them rust free and clean at all times.

I guess it is all a bit OCD. But you never have enough and always need that one spanner or socket that cannot be found. My utopia is to try not to have that moment ;^)

I also keep the fully stocked OEM toolkit’s in all my cars. In the 124 that includes a full HEKO set mainly sourced through NEILR on here (Thank you Neil).

It never goes to plan. There is always that one elusive tool. Or the one that gets lost in the engine bay. But this is my first really serious attempt to build up a decent set that I am personally pleased with. I love the suggestions from members on here. Please keep them coming along with the pics.

The ‘Wobble’ extension socket/adaptors are already in use and work really well.

Wolfie

I have an old (but gold) set of RS ‘nut spinners’ that I have used for many years. Great tools. Thank you. Not seen your first tool but it looks handy and worth a look. Do you use it often?

Wolfie

I have an old (but gold) set of RS ‘nut spinners’ that I have used for many years. Great tools. Thank you. Not seen your first tool but it looks handy and worth a look. Do you use it often?

It is awesome when you get them spring type jubillee clips that are always positioned in such a way where you cannot get pliers on them, whenever i do have that type i always grab that tool and it has never failed me, mine is snap on brand but that bergen make good tools too

Bruce whats your thought on angled ratchets ?

I have a great set of Halfords Swivel head ratchets and cannot fault them. The ratchet heads can be a bit bulky compared to a fixed head. But I have not (as yet) struggled with that.

Bruce picked this up from you know where . I did asked because if you were without one ,then i would have posted it off to you .Its to heavy for me and a little bulky .. .Also its much to good to sit among my derelict tools of yesterday year .It would be like hanging a painting that i had painted on a canvas in the Tate Gallery .lol send picture later just found i took them in large format .

pictures of the angle ratchet . Bruce i have 6 socket sets from next door .It was take them or see them go down the tip .Still lots of tools to sort out .This ratchet was brand new ,but others have seen sterling service .Some Austin service tools for the Min, like hub removers and pullers carb tools for Stromburg carbs, jets needles , su carbs .I lost one Britool socket set to some guy that put a fence up and cut the hedge out the front .He had to exit through the garage.She never noticed till they had gone .The fence guy took with him the Britool 3/4 socket set and a trolley jack in a bubble case along with axle stands .And charged her £750 to cut the hedge and putting up a four section larch lap fence with 4 foot panels in it with a span of 16 feet. We found out after they were travelers by decent . So its back there on Friday to empty it if we can .I am only interested in garage tools .But other tools like saws table drill Workmate benches floor standing on the small one that goes on the top, or a table and lots of carpenters tools i just left them after i took pictures to list on sites like Ebay.

Attachments

• DSC04369.JPG
    DSC04369.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC04366.JPG
    DSC04366.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC04375.JPG
    DSC04375.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 8
Trev

They will be back. Now they know it’s there it’s as good as theirs. Get it all out of there.

Let me know what is going I would only make a fair offer. I have no interest in dishonesty or reselling. But don’t want to see these stolen of the lady. Let’s get it sorted. Any cabinets?

Bruce nothing in the way of cabinets .All the tools are in old wooden drawers But i did have 4 steel boxes to fit on the wall with the plastic trays in full of nuts and bolts pop rivets drills taps .The steel tray holders were rusty .The scrap man came yesterday and i gave them to him, but i kept the plastic boxes that go inside to line my cab with.Just the job for the sockets . I dont know what you might be interested in Bruce, lots of it is old and well used .

Bruce nothing in the way of cabinets .All the tools are in old wooden drawers But i did have 4 steel boxes to fit on the wall with the plastic trays in full of nuts and bolts pop rivets drills taps .The steel tray holders were rusty .The scrap man came yesterday and i gave them to him, but i kept the plastic boxes that go inside to line my cab with.Just the job for the sockets . I dont know what you might be interested in Bruce, lots of it is old and well used .
Trevor

Please let me have a price on he ratchet (posted to Kent) and any other (what you consider decent stuff)? It is difficult as we cannot easily share images, unless you can get a short video clip posted here or, emailed over to me. Conscious that I do not wish to anybody around. I am serious about buying decent stuff. The recent I would class as decent (If it is still going?) Do you still have my number pr shall I PM it to you again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom