Tools. What's in your box?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bruce because i was not able to get you those spanners its yours for the postage .
I will know more about the postage cost at the post office on Tuesday .The ratchet is above in the picture .did you see it?

We need some pics of that bench vice please ;^)

I didn't forget. It just took a while to get the jaws made and now quenched. Here she is in full glory:

28049619277_aacdcd4373_b.jpg

New handle and other hardware, repaired screw/shaft. Opens just over a foot. Good for another 100 years.

28049619287_76ba4320b3_b.jpg

A big thank you to Trevor (Optimusprime) for “gifting” to me a “swivel headed” ratchet that he had become aware of. This is an “as new” ratchet with no usage marks or damage. A great gesture which I really appreciate. This is not the first time Trevor has shown his kindness and generosity to me and (I know) other members on here.

Thank you Trevor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce thank you for this nice post . And as i said i have tools and other items that i would never use myself, so i just like to pass them on to people like yourself that will use them .And i know that you take care of the tools that you have, and look after them . If i can help anyone on the forum i will . I know members like you Bruce and myself get a nice feeling knowing that we both have helped them some way .. . Like the time i needed glue to stick my bonnet liner , and you being so kind posted off to me a tin of glue to do the job with . Still have it Bruce i never did get to do the job .It was a job i invented ,you know what i mean . At the time i had nothing to do, or as i say no project . But then it was MOT time .Well i will get to do it after this wing job .And coolant change .Look after yourself Bruce . And Than You

Nice kit there Bruce ;) I am looking for a 26 inch roll cab to go under my Snap On box, they are either tooo dear or crap condition so I may have to go down the non Snap on route.

Nice kit there Bruce ;) I am looking for a 26 inch roll cab to go under my Snap On box, they are either tooo dear or crap condition so I may have to go down the non Snap on route.

Have a look at the US Pro boxes on eBay. They do some great value kit with roller bearing drawers etc.

Looking nice and organised bruce, wish mine could stay organised

Some mor arty-farty shots.

Screw that driver.

The beauty in this is: if anything is removed, you can immediately spot the gap and find the “missing” tool.

8be51caf545fdffe108e365bbeac5031.jpg
628400ab249578ae7ae95ee56f187e6d.jpg
610085c2ce86787c4c6ebc297307373f.jpg
63aaeafe462781af8d96a281b039234d.jpg

I needed to replace a 1/2" ratchet so splashed out on a Wera and very impressed with the quality.

8003_C_01.png

WERA make some of the best tools out there now. Tactile and strong they do what it says on the tin. Your wrench looks like a prime example of just how good WERA tools are.

Their “miniature” sets make great kits to keep in the glove box.
30e05da7e1b76975f11cfb27850bc5ee.jpg

I recently bought a tube of grout, cream if you are interested in the detail.

Have a look at the US Pro boxes on eBay. They do some great value kit with roller bearing drawers etc.

Those boxes look great value. One on the list to be ordered, thanks for the link.

A slightly sad observation, very little of the above kit appears to have had any use ?

I have a decent set of tools on a Snap-on tool chest. Like you Bruce I like the Halford professional kit. I believe most of it is made with their name on by the German company Hazet.
I too suffer from icd when it comes to looking after them. My pet hate is picking up a dirty spanner, ratchet, screwdriver etc. Use it, clean it and put it back in its place I say. That way it's always to hand the next time I need it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom