Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cinek

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB W204 , BMW F10, GSXR LZ3
LiveLeak.com - Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC.

You have your young child and your wife in the car, you get jumped by pack of angry mob who provokes and then want to lynch you...

I just cannot believe that something like this went on in a major city, in a broad light. After reading this story on, no bikers were seriously hurt (apart from broken leg), the driver of RR however was treated for multiple lacerations to his face...absolutely disgusting!!

And before you ask, yes, I am a biker myself.

your story of events and this one seem rather at odds.

A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride. After running over multiple people at the :50 second mark, he takes off only to run over another person at the 5:00 minute mark.

Yes, I have to say, I'm rather confused.

It seemed to me that the RR driver got frustrated with the bikers and nudged one from behind. Couldn't see, but I assume an argument then followed.

RR driver got more p'd off and perhaps scared that he'd bitten off more than he could chew and decided to get out of there... by running through the bikers.

Bikers find this unacceptable and go after him.

Could be seen as perfectly understandable for running over some of your mates :dk:

Not my story, just passing it on.

I searched it up on the local NYC press, which would be slightly less biased than the title of this clip, which was put up by one of the bikers.

Yes, I have to say, I'm rather confused.

It seemed to me that the RR driver got frustrated with the bikers and nudged one from behind. Couldn't see, but I assume an argument then followed.

RR driver got more p'd off and perhaps scared that he'd bitten off more than he could chew and decided to get out of there... by running through the bikers.

Bikers find this unacceptable and go after him.

Could be seen as perfectly understandable for running over some of your mates :dk:

Do you mean the bike that brake tested him? Signs of a well developed brain, brake testing a 3 ton 4wd while on a 2 wheel motorbike.

It was self defense IMO, the RR driver feared for his/his families life and wanted to get out of there asap. The way how the bikers were acting is pure group mentally.

Glad no charges were given to the RR driver.

Do you mean the bike that brake tested him? Signs of a well developed brain, brake testing a 3 ton 4wd while on a 2 wheel motorbike.

The start of the story is missing which means we don't know what started things off.

Agreed, the biker slowing down right in front of the RR is not particularly wise.

Personally, I don't think he "brake-tested" him. He let off the throttle, slowing his speed.

Silly of the biker but it must also be said that he wouldn't have expected the RR to career into him. Biker was expecting to inconvenience the RR driver by making him slow.

It was a case of childishness at this stage.

RR driver, after assessing things unfold (if he really was completely innocent and fearing for his life) should have backed off at any moment possible. Allowing the biker to slow so much in front of him doesn't make sense. Continuing and impacting with the biker without slowing is even more confusing.

Seemed like the RR driver could have been displaying aggression too.

The beginning of the events is missing, so we don't know what kicked it off.

I'm not at all taking sides here, I'm merely observing, as you are.

Have to say, it's very easy for the RR driver to claim he was fearing for his life. Wife would have unquestionably gone along with this.

For all we know, RR driver could have provoked the whole situation.

it didnt look like a brake test to me. A brake test would involve brakes.

The RR was driving on his back wheel. Bike eased off the gas and slowed down very very gently with his right hand on his hip ( not on the brake leaver) whilst watching the car and it drove right into him.

Then RR driver then flees the scene by driving over some other stationary motorcyclists. Gets caught up further down the road and does it again when an understandably irate biker goes to open his door.

Based on the video available, I think I would also be lunging through the window of the car to immobilise it whether wife and child were in the car or not.

The start of the story is missing which means we don't know what started things off.

Agreed, the biker slowing down right in front of the RR is not particularly wise.

Personally, I don't think he "brake-tested" him. He let off the throttle, slowing his speed.

Silly of the biker but it must also be said that he wouldn't have expected the RR to career into him. Biker was expecting to inconvenience the RR driver by making him slow.

It was a case of childishness at this stage.

RR driver, after assessing things unfold (if he really was completely innocent and fearing for his life) should have backed off at any moment possible. Allowing the biker to slow so much in front of him doesn't make sense. Continuing and impacting with the biker without slowing is even more confusing.

Seemed like the RR driver could have been displaying aggression too.

The beginning of the events is missing, so we don't know what kicked it off.

I'm not at all taking sides here, I'm merely observing, as you are.

Have to say, it's very easy for the RR driver to claim he was fearing for his life. Wife would have unquestionably gone along with this.

For all we know, RR driver could have provoked the whole situation.

mmm. I'm thinking here. RR displaying aggression to MB when surrounded by hundreds, or bikes when surrounded by hundreds displaying aggression.

Where does your money go?

.... the RR driver feared for his/his families life and wanted to get out of there asap.

We only know this because that's was he claimed.

As I said, for all we know he could have provoked the bikers with behaviour we didn't see.

Up-standing citizen innocently driving along with wife and child.....

Could have had a hardcore temper/ short fuse who took a disliking to the bikers for all we know.

There's two side to every story.

I'm not at all taking sides here. I'm just looking at it subjectively, that's all.

Bikers can look all menacing with their loud bikers, bulky dark biker gear and large numbers. But that's not to say they are.

Whatever sparked this, I wouldnt have driven over people like that and fled the scene.

mmm. I'm thinking here. RR displaying aggression to MB when surrounded by hundreds, or bikes when surrounded by hundreds displaying aggression.

Where does your money go?

C'mon man. You're a cool guy with a head on your shoulders.

I don't think it's a clean cut as that.

Could it not have been that RR driver felt all safe and secure in his RR?

"No one can harm me in my big expensive metal box".

I'm sure we've all seen the mentality before.. drivers getting too big for their boots thinking they are all safe in their cars?!

We know nothing of this RR driver.

Could have been a case of "look at these peasants on their little bikes. Move out of the way, inferior beings!"

Last edited:
Whatever sparked this, I wouldnt have driven over people like that and fled the scene.

It's true.

Consciously making the decision to run people over like that is just not right.

I just don't buy the story that this random RR driver was "set upon" by riders who, to be honest, appeared to be enjoying a cruise.

To me, there seems more to this.

If I had to take a side, I'd say that RR driver started a conflict and soiled his pants after realising he'd made a big mistake.

But as I said, we don't know the whole story - so you can't say.

Failed suicide attempt by RR driver,bet his wife files for divorce,what a complete prat.

At 0.25 that biker slows right down after pulling couple of meters in front of the car.

Personally, I don't think it matters whether he applied the brakes or simple took his hand off the throttle (either way would work very similar on the bike at speed). The driver then stops and pretty much instantly gets swarmed by large number of bikers.
I cant imagine at this point these bikers would politely ask him for his insurance details to which he declined and drove off.

At 0.25 that biker slows right down after pulling couple of meters in front of the car.

Personally, I don't think it matters whether he applied the brakes or simple took his hand off the throttle (either way would work very similar on the bike at speed). The driver then stops and pretty much instantly gets swarmed by large number of bikers.
I cant imagine at this point these bikers would politely ask him for his insurance details to which he declined and drove off.

I just don't buy it.

A random biker deciding to randomly force a random driver to come to a halt :dk:

Something was happening way before that video.

The biker was provoked to do that.

Taken from the NY press article;

"A dad out for a Sunday drive on his first wedding anniversary was beaten and slashed by a vicious mob of motorcyclists in upper Manhattan who dragged him from his SUV in front of his wife and 2-year-old child.

Alexian Lien, 33, of lower Manhattan, became the target of the brutal bikers when he accidently struck one who cut him off on the Henry Hudson Parkway, triggering a wild 4-mile chase, cops said Monday."

..... you get jumped by pack of angry mob who provokes and then want to lynch you...

Surely you must have asked yourself why? :dk:

Middle of night, getting jumped by some punk, fair enough, these fools don't need provoking to do this.

But jumping a random vehicle in broad daylight on a main road?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom