Top Gear back on tonight Sunday 25th 8pm BBC2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Love it or hate it, its back on tonight :)

Heads up...

I hope it's not gone down hill further... I think it peaked a few years ago and they're now getting desperate for new ideas.
I'll still watch it of course.

Sky set to record the series! :rock:

nb_racing said:
I hope it's not gone down hill further... I think it peaked a few years ago and they're now getting desperate for new ideas. I'll still watch it of course.

It's nuts , we all moan about it and still watch.

Jakerook said:
It's nuts , we all moan about it and still watch.
top entertainment program despite what the arm chair boys say!;)

its addictive... petrol running through our veins...plus always a chance of Hammond crashing a car.

I'm looking forward to it. The Australia feature looks set to be good: fast cars, beautiful scenery, what's not to like?

TV programmes about cars will naturally lean towards entertainment rather than being scientific and fact-based. For that, the likes of Autocar magazine do a much better job.

It's not my guilty secret.
I don't feel guilty and it's not a secret that I like the programme generally EXCEPT when JC refers to anything British as being English or, for example, "from Great England-land"………..Wales and Scotland are good enough to go hooning around on a regular basis it would seem, but not worthy of showing respect towards.

Interesting they seem to be pledging allegiance to Chile... I wonder what the daily mail will make of that.

A thoroughly enjoyable piece of light entertainment :thumb:.

New Quentin Wilson and jodi Kidd tv show about classic cars starts on the 5th of feb. When interviewed on radio 2 , he said he likes topgear, thought him and JC hated each other??

New Quentin Wilson and jodi Kidd tv show about classic cars starts on the 5th of feb. When interviewed on radio 2 , he said he likes topgear, thought him and JC hated each other??

What channel is showing that?

Last edited:
developer said:
A thoroughly enjoyable piece of light entertainment :thumb:.
Yeah it was quite good!
I like the new Lambo, I was surprised at their verdict.

From 'Sniff Petrol'

Forum gets Top Gear discussion thread done
Posted in News by Sniff Petrol on Friday, January 23rd, 2015

With Top Gear back on BBC2 this Sunday, car forum RevWheel has taken the unusual step of getting its discussion thread about the programme out of the way in advance.

‘We decided it would be quicker and easier to get the Top Gear thread done before the weekend,’ explained RevWheel moderator, the Reverend Will Moderator. ‘So we asked someone to say they didn’t enjoy the show, and someone else to complain that it’s all “scripted”, and then someone else to moan about the mucking about, and then someone else to say ‘I enjoyed it’ with an emoticon that denotes embarrassment, and then someone else to say they hate it and complain that it isn’t about cars any more, and then someone else to ask why everyone watched it if they don’t like it, and then someone else to agree and point out that it’s an entertainment show not a car show, and then someone else to say it’s time it was cancelled, and then someone else to say it’ll never be cancelled because it makes the BBC too much money, and then someone else to state completely inaccurate facts about how much the show earns, and then someone else to say it’s too “scripted” again, and then someone else to mention William Woollard, and then we just copy and pasted all that over and over and over again until we ended up with 47 pages of repetitive drivel, and that spared us having to do it for real on Sunday night.’

‘This really has saved a lot of time,’ Rev. Moderator noted. ‘In fact, we’re now considering doing pre-built threads for politics, religion, football and the benefits to mankind of the compression ignition engine.’

Someone said they were getting 'desperate for ideas' and I tend to agree. I used to be a firm watcher but in the last few years I have seen only a handful of episodes. It has all got childish and unrelated to motoring.

I will certainly give Quentin and Jodi a watch though.

For anyone who missed last nights show, it's being repeated tonight on BBC2 at 7pm:thumb:

I thought it a fairly amusing way to pass an hour. Sticking to the well tried and tested script, the programme will have it's detractors, but there are far worse light entertainment shows around than TG. Enjoy it for what it is and if you don't like it, don't watch it. Simples:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom