Top Gear New Presenters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am so far out the loop on Top Gear that looking at the posts it will be Fred Flintoff and Zippy presenting it,that's ok with me as I stopped watching it ages ago.

I’m hoping it works, more motoring content isn’t a bad thing!

The problem top gear must have now is that their automotive content is 6months out of date by the time it’s aired as youtubers are releasing it within hours of manufacturers announcements.

There is no doubting his automotive knowledge and his passion for cars - that much is a given - and in the segments where he’s actually driving and talking to the camera he’s pretty good, it’s just in the studio he’s wooden to the point of being robotic.
I think he may have been asked to play “stupid” in the studio, because it seems so far far removed from his usual style.

I read his columns/articles years before he became a toober, in fact it was Chris’s tales of driving his Mom’s C32 which helped me make the decision to buy my C32, the beginning of a slippery slope. The sooner he stops playing a character, the better.

I loved the original line up.

Out of the successive line ups, I only favoured Le Blanc and Harris. Le Blanc has the right personality to host it. Harris is great in his in car stuff to camera - might have been better had he just done that and in his style.

I think it actually might work with McGuinness and Flintoff. The pair of them seem to be down to Earth piss-taking lads.

For me the best mix would be LB, M and F doing all the usual stuff but H only outside in his style.

I don't mind TG2 but it's not quite as it was as TG.

I really don't get this binary polarisation. "I watch GT therefore I cannot watch TG".

Ah no wait I get it, it's because the initials are reversed.

Just seen 5 minutes of Flintoff on The One Show and judging by the way he comes across I think it will be pretty good.

The fact that he speaks in that weird northern monkey accent makes it all the more interesting.

What's wrong with Tiff Nedell and Jason Plato?

At least there won't need any break-in period, they're doing it already.

Quite honestly Fifth Gear on Quest gives me a pretty good car-show fix as it is. But being on a "minor" channel, it tends to get forgotten.

The budget could do with a cash-injection as well, but overall, they do a great job...

I'm from Preston, live in Rugby. Every so often I have go back up north to bathe in proper accents for a while.

Having seen Flintoff a few times on TV I came away with the impression that he was incredibly thick.

But obviously quite a few people think that Fintoff's actually funny and witty and so I'm willing to be persuaded.

Having seen Flintoff a few times on TV I came away with the impression that he was incredibly thick.
He seems to have done alright for himself. He’s been very successful in two completely different fields, which is more than I and many other people manage in our lifetimes.

He's good at cricket...

Public and private personas will always be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom