Top Gear New Presenters.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The biggest problem that’ll arise is that Freddie & Paddy are quite relaxed and quick to have “banter” whereas Chris Harris is wooden and monotone in his delivery - this’ll either be an unmitigated disaster or surprisingly good.

The difference being that they were all primarily journalists, so knew how to string an article/item together.

^^^This.

I think MLB had become a decent anchor and can interact with the audience while driving. Harris isn't comfortable in the studio or hamming it up but is a decent member of the team. I thought Reid was underutilised.

Maybe the production team think they have got the hang of scripting it so they can fit anybody into the MLB slot.

My view is that Harris and Reid can carry it - if they want to add somebody for the studio then get somebody who can stand up to them and act as a foil. (Crazily I think I would try out Tamsin Greig to do that - I think she's capable of being dry and funny and keeping the show's feet on the floor).

McGuinness and Flintoff join Top Gear

At least we'll get some proper accents on TV for a change.

DUNNO steal, nor nowt, mi brothers;
That's noan what aw meon—not it.
Now, it's this—look less to others—
Try to help yor'sels a bit.
Neaw, aw'm noa great politician,
Up to th' een in't, same as some;
Aw believe a mon's position
May be mended mooast awhom.

Who watches it anymore?
It should've died when the trio left, no-one can replace the banter they had with each other

Reactions: GLK
Loads of people.

Do you seriously think nobody watches top gear now?

I’ve never missed an episode and never will.

I don’t understand why it “should have died”. If you don’t want to watch it, nobody can?

Who watches it anymore?
It should've died when the trio left, no-one can replace the banter they had with each other
Their banter was very contrived and tbh the public school bully, the little bloke who tries to please everybody and the geek were getting a bit boring.

At least we have one more series before they get their dirty mits on it.

Zippy and George would be better
Would get their mind off it....
12b4e5bc8c5af033ab3f838b0edef75b.jpg

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

If I had my way the trio would be:

1. HARRIS
2. Henry Catchpole
3. The wookie (Tom Ford)

Extra gear = HR in a car (Howard Ritchie)
a3338ee70b5dc3f822119689fffb6e3d.jpg
983d4c096403ba11407625c86cc01427.jpg
3c4b45a1c928a8346ad5a535e7abf204.jpg
1125b043dba0551a48fab27bfab9b9b9.jpg

Sent from my awesome Samsung Galaxy Note 9

The bbc just goes from bad to worse.......................not for me.

At least we'll get some proper accents on TV for a change.

Freddie Flintoff is rich but seems natural and down to earth. He had a house in our village for a while. The Mrs met him and liked him, one of the funniest and nicest celebs was the verdict. I think he could do it as well or better then any of the last lot.

I think amy macdonald would be a good choice for a presenter on top gear

Chris Harris on cars used to be great, now he abides by the scripts he's boring

Top Gear is sold in many countries ...

They will need to put English subtitles when Freddie is speaking!!

If I had my way the trio would be:
1. HARRIS

We seem to be in the minority but I really like Harris, I was a big fan of his before his Top Gear debut. I've been watching his youtube channel and other associated car proggies for years.

I think I'm quite similar to Harris in personality, so maybe that's part the reason. I've been described as dry and abrasive in the past. :D

We seem to be in the minority but I really like Harris, I was a big fan of his before his Top Gear debut. I've been watching his youtube channel and other associated car proggies for years.
There is no doubting his automotive knowledge and his passion for cars - that much is a given - and in the segments where he’s actually driving and talking to the camera he’s pretty good, it’s just in the studio he’s wooden to the point of being robotic.

Top Gear is primarily an entertainment show where you need to be loose, relaxed and a bit jokey and he’s none of those which is a common trait with “journalists”; JC/RH/JM were an oddity in this regard - they have genuine personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom