Top Gear - New Series

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verytalldave

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200K Cubanite
Has anyone else seen the new trailer on BBC for the forthcoming new series of TG:confused:

A wonderfully teasing brief clip of a W204 sliding round the test track rather enthusiastically.:eek:
I suspect a C63.:D

Bodes well methinks..........:rock:

Apparently, the new series (series 12) starts Sunday 2nd November.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up - series link methinks ;)

As for the C63 - driving from my house the other night - lots of cars parked around this house just round from me but something black and very shiny was on the drive. This house in the past has had a CLS320 and it looked very Mercish. Couldn't really see what it was so last night decided to walk the dogs a slightly different route:devil: OMG a brand new, very shiny and gorgeous C63 sitting on their drive. Envious? nah - you bet:eek: :D :D

I suspect a C63.:D

I heard it was the C63 with Performance Pack. (AMG mechanical Limited Slip Diff, Uprated suspention and brakes, oh! and a suede steering wheel).

http://www.topgear.com/uk/mercedes-benz/c63-amg/road-test/c63-amg-perfomance-pack

I have also seen a few test reports sugesting that the perfect setup was the LSD with normal suspention as the PP's ride is a bit too hard. (Page 25 following Link)

http://magazines.drivers-republic.com/driversrepublic/vbombers2008/?sub_id=5nIGSrgJbBdH

M.

They have filmed a hour long special in Vietnam evidently. http://www.autoblog.com/photos/top-gear-in-vietnam/

That should be interesting. Loads of old cars still in use out there and almost devoid of traffic/driving regulations. Will make an entertaining hours programme. Maybe they have at long last changed the format of the show and dropped some of the features that were becoming stale and past their sell by date.

That should be interesting. Loads of old cars still in use out there and almost devoid of traffic/driving regulations. Will make an entertaining hours programme. Maybe they have at long last changed the format of the show and dropped some of the features that were becoming stale and past their sell by date.
I doubt they will change the format! Those characters are type cast. What you see will be what we get. I watch the series because it cheers me up. It makes me smile, it makes me laugh, but an educational program???? :devil: :devil:

Regards
John

I watch the series because it cheers me up. It makes me smile, it makes me laugh..

Yes... :D Best to look elsewhere if your using it for genuine car buying advice.. :)

why change a format that every other car program (5th gear etc) have been trying to immotate without success for years!?

if it changes it will be its downfall...

Quite agree, i'd much rather see the current style TG than the old one with Chris Goffey, dull dull dull.

Did you notice that the waiting list if 2-3 years for tickets!!! That shows its popular entertainment rather than a car show.

...................must be all those extra ladies who only have eyes for the Hamster.........

Really cant wait for the new series. I have seen the last one about 3 times already!

Really cant wait for the new series. I have seen the last one about 3 times already!

I've got 'Dave' too!! :D

I like the formula, the only thing that I get bored of is when they do things like caravan racing, or making boats etc.
Oh, and hamster banging into the back of May in every episode is getting a little old too. ;)

Oh, and hamster banging into the back of May in every episode is getting a little old too. ;)

I find that highly amusing and a nice touch. I don't think hamster did that when they did the "besty driving road ever" film, imagine that, a GT3 RS banging into a AMV8 N24. The bills :(

I doubt May minds, from what i've read about him ...

As May says...... "When I was a boy and other boys were lying awake wondering how girls worked, I was lying awake thinking about the Triumph TR6. What's wrong with that?"

But he also says....... "My girlfriend Sarah says you get the animal you deserve and that Fusker (the word for a form of internet theft) is stand-offish and grumpy, just like me. He's quite wild - semi-feral really - and he bites. But he was a present from Hammond's wife, Mindy, so I couldn't say, 'No thank you,' could I?"
May has dated music journalist Sarah Frater for seven years. "I like a bit of rusticity in my women," he says. It is a brave man or a fool who describes his girlfriend as "rustic" but he adds blithely: "Sarah's an eccentric. She won't mind."

:devil:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom