Top Gear Special 25th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gurpz

Administrator
Staff member
Car
C230K Sport & CLS500
For any Top Gear fans out there, there will be a special episode next Wednesday on the 25th of July. Heres a small taster of whats to come in the special episode:

In Top Gear’s most ambitious and arduous challenge to date Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond attempt to race from Northern Canada to the North Pole, 450 miles away. The terrain in between is some of the toughest on earth - a mix of mountainous land masses and jagged sea ice where temperatures can drop to a mind-numbing minus 65 degrees Celcius (minus 85 degrees Fahrenheit). Jeremy and James will be driving a specially adapted pick up truck whilst Richard will be travelling on something a little less high tech - a sled pulled by a team of ten Canadian Inuit Dogs.

So make shure all you guys and gals dont miss it if interested

Yes. Good to see them keeping up their usual high standard of relevance to motoring in modern Britain.

Yes. Good to see them keeping up their usual high standard of relevance to motoring in modern Britain.

Can we have one Top Gear thread without someone disagreeing. PLEASE?
It's motoring based entertainment - that's all.

If such a thread was to be made I think Fith Gear should be included in it

Could we lose Fifth Gear down a crevasse or something. I dont mind saving VBH but we can do without the rest.

Can you imagine how depressing a programme that would be?! Would be listening to Radiohead whilst on valium levels of depressing.

Could we lose Fifth Gear down a crevasse or something. I dont mind saving VBH but we can do without the rest.

Could we lose VBH down a crevasse or something. I dont mind saving Fifth Gear but we can do without the squealing.

;)

Will there be a soft toy feature??

Blimey - do you think Eeyore's made it up to the Arctic :eek: Hope he took his jacket ;) He'd be quite nervous of the Huskies though. He tries to keep away from my two mutts as he thinks they want to pull his head off:crazy:

I think it's become slightly less awful since they ditched that strange guy who's now poluting a Sunday morning prog:p

Wot and miss the chance of taking the micky out of super mouth, super yob (Clarkson) or whatever extreme set of adjectives are most suitable at the time?

Wot and miss the chance of taking the micky out of super mouth, super yob (Clarkson) or whatever extreme set of adjectives are most suitable at the time?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

the ones that are least relevant to motoring are almost always the more enjoyable to watch i think...

the ones that are least relevant to motoring are almost always the more enjoyable to watch i think...

Yes as entertainment I think that is probably right. But it would be quite nice to have one programme devoted to motoring in the real world as well, for those who are interested in the topic. Probably a much smaller audience but the potential audience is huge.

Even a brief perusal of this forum shows how many real world motoring issues are of interest to members of this forum. Some may find them dull. Personally I find many of them a lot more interesting than racing round an airfield, or blowing up caravans.

Personally I find many of them a lot more interesting than racing round an airfield, or blowing up caravans.

Thats the thing, i do watch wheeler dealers, building a chopper and other such programmes but they dont make me get home early to watch it...

they have to appeal to a mass audience and even my 17 year old sister who has no interest in cars has her eyes peeled when TG is on...

they have to appeal to a mass audience and even my 17 year old sister who has no interest in cars has her eyes peeled when TG is on...

Well as a recent report on the BBC said, not all programmes have to appeal to a mass audience. Fine by me to keep the present idiots-in-cars-fooling-about programmes as a form of entertainment, but with over 500 channels available on Sky etc it would be nice to have one or more programmes devoted to motoring for those of us who find it interesting. Freedom of choice and all that.

The trucks they use are, I'm afraid, not Mercs. They use Twatota HiLuxes. A mate who works for Toyota GB was telling me they had the trucks in their HQ on their return. He was sort of saying that they had very little modification. (Apart from the engine heaters, insulated fuel tanks and lines, upgraded oil, upgraded tyres, suspension, etc. etc. ... )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom