Top Gear Test Drive directory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
Who needs car salesmen to talk rubbish when the Top Gear test drive directory has plenty on mistakes within its pages.

Does the Audi S4 really have 3.2 engine?
Do they still produce a 3.7 A8?

May be I'm a sad car geek but what is the point producing a 'Clarkson' endorsed directory when the information contained within it is pants!

If anyone else has a copy then let me know if they find any errors so that I don't feel so nerdy!

when he talked about the s4 in comparison with the M3 he said.
they put a v8 in it., a big one 4.2
which episode are you talking about?

I have one, bought in error.

Said nonsense about the C Class so I let my 3 yr old boy cut out all the cars... He's had it three weeks and still has hundreds to cut out...

Beats reading it.

Seriously though with that many facts, one is always going to fing errors and omissions.

when he talked about the s4 in comparison with the M3 he said.
they put a v8 in it., a big one 4.2
which episode are you talking about?

It was the Top Gear road test magazine I'm talking about. Its an off shoot from their tabliod-esq car magazine :rolleyes:

I have one, bought in error.

Said nonsense about the C Class so I let my 3 yr old boy cut out all the cars... He's had it three weeks and still has hundreds to cut out...

Beats reading it.

Seriously though with that many facts, one is always going to fing errors and omissions.

I could understand certain errors etc but ones as simple as engine size are difficult to get wrong which makes me think, whos writing it?

May be Topgear publications employed half a dozen females from a local temping agency to take all the info they can find from What Car and Autocar and rearrange it into a new format to be sold for £5! - taking this image a little further I like to think that all the females were, blonde, 21 years old and wearing bikinis :bannana: have a taken this image a little too far now?:D

will not win many hearts in the women lib movement.
The mag was right about the ssangyong rodius being the ugliest car on sale today.

IMHO only Autocar is really worth reading when it comes to serious reviews/roadtests and vehicle data. Believe it or not it featured on the reading list for a degree in Automotive Engineering.

Sadly even Autocar make some mistakes with their data occasionally, and more frequently that years ago, but still the most professional IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom