Top Gear The New Series Trailer.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It looks about as enjoyable as going to the lavatory and forgetting to take your trousers down.

Better (well, the trailer at least).

Bit disappointed to see Chris Harris though...

It's already at least 1,000,000% better for the absence of Evans.

Better (well, the trailer at least).

At least Chris Evans is not part of it any more. He's definitely a Marmite kind of person.

Quite odd though - because I rather like Marmite...

I thought it was quite amusing. Ever so gently taking the p*ss at the expense of BBC bureaucracy. What thankfully was missing was that discernible "world-weary vibe" that was beginning to permeate the old TG with Clarkson,May and Hammond. :dk:

Thanks for the heads up.
I could not stand Chris Evans on TG as too shouty, but like him on Radio 2.
That Matt bloke, never really watched the tv sopa Friends but disliked him in that and though he would be the odd man out - how wrong ws I as towards the end of the last TG, he grew on me.
All the idiots at the bee have to do is three so-called men, a loud-mouthed, half wit type like Clarkson, a losers and a joke for all a hamster type and a granny type bloke like the other guy but I forget his name - then have a Stig, shows made.

Last 2/3 weeks been watching the old lot onAmazon, free reg for month and watching 2/3 shows over the weekend, I would not have paid a penny to watch as they are on the whole, long, dull and boring but i like the big screen movie film they have used to shoot the show nd the last episode I watched EG merc sl on a landy chassis was the closest they came to the original TG - The 2 episodes in Africa alone the coast in buggies, watched about 10 mins each and deleted.

Thanks for the heads up.
I could not stand Chris Evans on TG as too shouty, but like him on Radio 2.
That Matt bloke, never really watched the tv sopa Friends but disliked him in that and though he would be the odd man out - how wrong ws I as towards the end of the last TG, he grew on me.
All the idiots at the bee have to do is three so-called men, a loud-mouthed, half wit type like Clarkson, a losers and a joke for all a hamster type and a granny type bloke like the other guy but I forget his name - then have a Stig, shows made.

Last 2/3 weeks been watching the old lot onAmazon, free reg for month and watching 2/3 shows over the weekend, I would not have paid a penny to watch as they are on the whole, long, dull and boring but i like the big screen movie film they have used to shoot the show nd the last episode I watched EG merc sl on a landy chassis was the closest they came to the original TG - The 2 episodes in Africa alone the coast in buggies, watched about 10 mins each and deleted.

Dunno

We are all different. I preferred Sabine... Had a long dislike of Chris Harris and his reviews pre Top Gear...

Sabine didn't work at all in the last series. Which was a pity.

And yes we are different! I rather enjoyed Chris Harris pre-TG. I get a bit bored with him drifting on a circuit - I think he works better on a real road.

Sabine didn't work at all in the last series. Which was a pity.

And yes we are different! I rather enjoyed Chris Harris pre-TG. I get a bit bored with him drifting on a circuit - I think he works better on a real road.

It was the endless drifting (anywhere) that put me off. I'll try and be more open minded this series....

Me too, I genuinely can't see why people rave about him, I find him to be monotone and quite listless.

I agree Lee.

He was great in print, I used to genuinely look forward to reading his articles in Autocar. But I've probably only ever watched a handful of his YouTube clips, because, they were OK but for me not as good as his written articles.

But on Top Gear it seemed like he'd forgotten everything he had learned from his many years making online videos, and as Lee says he was monotone and dare I say it uninteresting to watch and listen to.

I hope he's remembered what he had forgotten last series, as he's capable of more, I'm sure.

Glad to see they kept Reed. I liked his everyman vibe, you could connect with him.

I think it will be a very different animal without Evans at the helm. I think we are yet to see the best of all of them. At the end of the day they are all clearly as enthusiastic about cars as we are, they just need to be allowed to show that. Sadly I think Evans best sections were when he reviewed his own rolls and the mg. You believed he loved the cars passionately. No shouting almost an emotional quality shame he wasn't like that all the time.
Ironically I think the new amazon show needs to loose the American and the bbc show is better for gaining one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom