Top Gear tonight - sneak preview

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
I managed to snaffle a couple of tickets for Allison and myself for TG last Wednesday - and i am quite looking forward to it now I have a much better insight into how its filmed

I did accidentally cause a scowl from Hampster when I referred to him as "someone else a short as Allison" :eek: - oops!

TG3.jpg

TG5.jpg

Cameras were not allowed and my N97 didn't quite produce the results for this one
TG7.jpg

TG8.jpg

A very cold Allison
TG12.JPG

TG

The new Noble :thumb:
TG1.jpg

Star in a reasonably priced car is the current F1 champion again - and a good bloke to boot :)

Its a very good day out but a lot of standing around especially as we stayed back to do another 2 odd bits of filming. we started at 2.00pm and didnt get away until gone 7.00pm - right into the bad weather but the SL behaved itself impeccably :) (you didn't think I would take a disastra to TG surely! )

Mark

I thought I did well to spot you in the crowd just before Jeremy started spraying the RAC perfume about, not knowing I was going to see your mug in shot behind the whole Jenson interview! You got a good spot if you wanted to be on TV!

I actually wanted to be fairly close for Peter (my cousin) who got us the tickets. He is disabled and I wanted the chance of being able to sit him on the edge of the stage if required.

The fact that his physical condition got us in early and got us prime spots was just a bonus :)

The last bit was a sheer fluke as we had no idea they would film that bit there and I had just come in from a quick ciggie! (only 1 quick break all day!)

Mark

Must be an enjoyable day out. I thought this episode was a bit of a disappointment though. Art gallery? Come on - there must be more interesting things to be doing.

The Xmas special should be good though.

You might just about make one decent Top Gear out of the previous 5 - what little magic this show had is rapidly fading to black.

Standing for 5 hours in what looks like a freezing/bitterly cold studio? was it worth it?

Cant say I see the appeal myself (not trying to sound like a stick in the mud), but id imagine its completely borning unless your right near the front - even then, they must have to re-shoot parts time and again? :confused:

Last edited:
I didn't even bother to watch it last night. And have only caught minor snippets in the previous few weeks.
It has lost all its appeal to me.
FAR, far to predictable and its now starting to treat its core audience as slightly moronic. I used to quite like Clarkson and his schoolboy humour, but he has lost it and he now just comes across as the big "I am".
The Hamster is now not much more than just eye candy for the 20/30 something's and May seems to be be the only one of the trio that has retained a small morsel of credibility.
All three (particularly Clarkson) have now obviously accumulated enough personal wealth to not really give a fig anymore and are just now in it for the wonga.

IMHO.

I went to Dunsfold Park where Top gear is filmed in the summer with another car club and we got to take our cars round the track. The waiting list to get tickets to the live filming is a few years long. Still waiting to get some.

Standing for 5 hours in what looks like a freezing/bitterly cold studio? was it worth it?

I wasn't cold at all - but then I'm well insulated :)
Allison was cold and reckons she didn't thaw out properly until we got home - both of us would however go again given the chance

Cant say I see the appeal myself (not trying to sound like a stick in the mud), but id imagine its completely borning unless your right near the front - even then, they must have to re-shoot parts time and again? :confused:

They didnt reshoot much at all to be fair - but there was a lot more to the day than you see on the telly.
The news section was a LOT longer (at least 20 mins longer) than was broadcast and there were a lot of sections that just didn't make the final cut.

Button interview was also way way longer than was broadcast - and that was very enjoyable. He had a plane to catch but he missed it due to filming and didnt seem to care too much. Between shots we could use cameraphones to capture some images and the trio were there answering questions etc (when Clarkson didnt disappear for a fag)

There was also a lot of banter between Clarkson and the director who had apparently swapped a pair of tickets for a turkey!

Yes we were there for 5 hrs - but 2.15- 5.00ish was the main show, with a break in the middle. Followed by another break before filming the TG Awards, and finally they filmed the intro for the Xmas special.
Quite a few of the audience left after the first part to try and beat the weather so they had to "endure" less then 3 hrs with tea/biccies at the break - thats hardly torture.

Each to their own - but I would go again, and i didnt get bored when I was there :)

Mark

easily amused :)

10 minutes max of remotely interesting TV and 50 minutes of childish nonsense. So a pretty normal episode last night.

Another poor/boring episode. There is usually something i like on each show, this episode had nothing for me.

I usually now just watch it on iplayer when i can be bothered to; shame as i used to really like it, but I feel the current format may of had its day. Definatly needs revising.

Totally agree with SilverSaloon...it needs revising badly.

I used to never miss an episode now I am just not bothered..yawn yawn...

Steve

I have just watched it and I quite liked it as it happens.

Well done Mark too.

Right, now whats for tea?

The whole thing is so staged now that it is really dull.

They arent very good actors, so they should really try to be more spontaneous and less scripted.

You might just about make one decent Top Gear out of the previous 5 - what little magic this show had is rapidly fading to black.

It has lost all its appeal to me.
FAR, far to predictable and its now starting to treat its core audience as slightly moronic........

......it needs revising badly. I used to never miss an episode now I am just not bothered..yawn yawn...

+1 to all the above. I used to really like TG but they seem to have run out of ideas.

I just hope that the South America special is as good as the Vietnam one was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom