Top Gear!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Top Gear best tv ever!!!!!!!!
so fed up of politically correct/green pants forced at you 24/7
we need more of this !
cant wait till next Sunday
Carl

When i see Jamaes May had the guttless scania i thought hes lost before hes started then richard got the erf with the inflatable gearlever gaiter then i wasnt so sure:) ps the magnum is a rubbish truck to drive, probably better now its nearly all volvo but then again its still got the renault badge on:D .

I pressed mute when star in the car bit came on and read my book.

Lynall

It was irresponsible broadcasting from a publicly funded body, especially as it was a pre-recorded show which could have been suitably edited.
In the lorry item I was offended to see them driving without hard hats, seat belts and flame-retardant suits. It was sheer good fortune that the fire brigade were passing by to put out that trailer fire.

;) :p

I thought the brief discussion on how secondhand car values had tumbled was interesting. They could have more features like that in my opinion.

i thought it was pretty good. Its not meant to be informative - its supposed to be light entertainment.

If you want reviews of cars all the time, go for Fifth Gear, Auto Mundial....

Who watches this looking for car advice?!

I sure know I dont.. its funniest thing on TV, and I look forward to each episode! :rock:

I want to mess around in a lorrie, on a test track! :D :bannana:

I thought the fire caught on quite quickly obviously a fibreglass roof.

I remember years ago my wife having a drive in a truck a Daf so old i cant even remember the model but the steering wheel was huge!

Lynall

The truck feature was hardly the TG lads at their best...... they just re-ran the same tired stunts with different vehicles.

The only "new" idea was thet Capt. Slow hit JC - instead of Hamster hitting Capt Slow.

Why didn't they get JC to hit the runaway Micra?

-----------------------------------------------

Remember the "cross-channel" trip? I was in stitches all the way through. That was TG at it's best. Hopefully the new series will improve - - - but they need some new ideas.

stop ruining it for people that have to wait 3 years for the episodes
to get to them!!!!

:)

lol

to get to them!!!!

lol

That's unfair. Top Gear is available in all modern British prisons.......

:devil:

Not as uninformative as we first think though, anybody who has driven a truck will know how hard it is, they are also the backbone of the country ferrying stuff we all need to places that trains cant reach, it would be very very different without them and they have pointed out a few things, it is difficult to get going in one, there are many gear changes to accelerate and they do have to swing wide, ignoring the usual stunts they did tell us to make way for lorries as their vehicle is harder to drive than ours and give them room to swing around, I make way for lorries and let them pull out as I have driven one, and it aint easy,

The feature on the dropping prices of cars was interesting one one we have known about, who guessed 16 for the merc last night, I went for 20 and I was still out!!!!

to get to them!!!!

lol

http://www.finalgear.com/

then ask somebody what torrents are and you can see them....

dont want to say too much here, PM me if you want,

Not as uninformative as we first think though, anybody who has driven a truck will know how hard it is,

Yup. To be fair to them it wasn't all laughs. I think it could have been more informative. Bit more technical background on how these work and what braking distances are like. Get one of them to drive a truck on a long journey - eg. London to Mallaig (or maybe Kyle of Lochalsh to be kinder). And see how it goes and even what it costs.

Maybe JC will be a bit more careful as well. Looked like he did himself in twice.

And in reference to the fatel accident on the M6 the other week it also shows that not a lot stops a lorry, thats a lot of mass and speed = force,

And in reference to the fatel accident on the M6 the other week it also shows that not a lot stops a lorry, thats a lot of mass and speed = force,

I'm being pedantic.

Mass and speed combined usually = momentum or energy

A change in momentum will involve acceleration (or deceleration) and force.

And I remember the case of the AMG E55 that hit the back of a loaded truck on the Autobahn and doing a back of the envelope calculation. Car hits truck at high speed. Truck gets a bump. Car gets totalled. Truck pulls over to side of road with totalled car mashed under its rear.

Just watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I suppose it depends on your expectations. I want to be entertained and the programme did it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom