top quality air rifle or pistol required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
good quality air rifle wanted anything considered might even fancy a pistol

a pal of mine has a farm so its just for a little fun ,I don't believe in shooting for fun but if I eat the rabbit or bird its ok in my opinion

I have a BSA R-10 Mk1 22 with 10 pellet magazine, bolt action, zeroed scope and compressed air tank (all hardly used) sitting around.

f10_zps444da043.jpg

About £800 with scope new today for the Mk2, I'd be looking for £400.

Last edited:
Keeps the amorous Kiwis away from the sheep...

Did you resort to this for the Magpies...

No. I don't shoot things I can't eat. This was bought to control the rabbits at my parents house, which it would have done had they not moved (parents that is).

So apart from zeroing it it's had next to no use.

OP, I'd suggest you buy that off Charles.

If you're determined to shoot things you should at least get something accurate/powerful enough to prevent suffering (which isn't fun for them).

My Weihrauch rifle is awesome and about as good as it gets for an air weapon in the UK

Aigun_zps61d324ba.jpg

£750 in the UK 350 Euro's in Germany, good old rip off Britain :wallbash:

Weihrauch Hw100 or air arms s400 or s410 would be a good buy but depends what you plan to do with it. You'll need a divers bottle and suitable regulator for re-filling too. Blackpool Air Rifles will sort you out with everything and not too much of a trip from Manchester.

Last edited:
Pretty much any of the current crop of air rifles will be suitable for occasional use, if your looking for new then consider stock style and barrel length. I dont't hunt anymore (just don't have the time) when I used an air rifle I preferred a carbine with thumb hole stock but that's just personnel preference. In terms of brands/price you have BSA and Air Arms that sit typically in the £500 bracket (some models are higher cost) then you have the Weihrauch & Theoben which typically sit in the £750+ mark but if you prefer gadgets then take a look at Daystate Airwolf. Finally of you are looking for a mean look and shooting at night then try the FX Airguns verminator and throw a Pulsar Nightscope on it.

In all honesty if you are not sure how much you are likely to use or its likely that it will just end up sitting in a cupboard then just get the one that Charles has above.

We used to go ratting with the ubiquitous .22 BSA Meteor (with - ahem - uprated "AMG" spring of course).

Occasionally we had to deliver a coup-de-grace, but for a taster, a used one of these are cheap as chips and effective.

My mate owns the gunsmiths in Rhyl north wales
Has a wide range of air rifles and pistols check them out

My rabbiting/pigeoning days are gone, but the best I owned was a Weirauch HW77 (not the karbine).

A decent 2nd hand one with scope should be had for <£300.

Never tried the HW100, or gas for that matter, but Mr Morgan's looks like a steal.

thanks for advise going to do a few google searches and research

Sod the pop gun. Get one of these. It works on the same principle as fly spray (only the spray is made of lead). Impress your neighbours. Get free seats on public transport. Make new friends. Pull it out the back of your pants at parties and watch as the place empties before your eyes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom