Top tip?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeHartley

Car
2007 E200 Kompressor automatic
I don't know about you guys but if you were as frustrated as me by the black and chrome window surrounds.....I tried everything to remove the 'dried rainspot effect' on them with everything I could think of. What fixed it? Good old WD40! We'll see how long it lasts.

Did you try autosol? I think the WD40 might be a bit temporary, given it a "wet look" but autosol should actually polish it up. Then maybe WD40 to make it last?

Did you try autosol? I think the WD40 might be a bit temporary, given it a "wet look" but autosol should actually polish it up. Then maybe WD40 to make it last?

We'll see how the WD40 progresses and if it doesn't last, I'll certainly try the Autosol. It has been 4 hours so far and shows no signs of fading but the test will be if it gets wet!

I don't know about you guys but if you were as frustrated as me by the black and chrome window surrounds.....I tried everything to remove the 'dried rainspot effect' on them with everything I could think of. What fixed it? Good old WD40! We'll see how long it lasts.

Mmmm, I like the sound of that, wondering if it has actually cleaned the spots off or just dressed the trim...

Did you work it in before the spots disappeared, or we're they gone on first contact with WD40?

wd40 does not last long ends up running onto paintwork when it rains

wd40 does not last long ends up running onto paintwork when it rains

I wouldn't use it as dressing, but if it cures the problem by cleaning off the spots, then I don't see why not? providing that it is cleaned off properly after you're done.

Vinegar then meths = :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom