Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Also mat8n, a few spaces between your cars rather than the slashes would help keep the forum formatted nicely and help my OCD no end. ;)

Reading this with interest really, I was very lucky and got tickets for the old top gear and do you know what it was bloody brilliant. They all just mixed with the audience, swore a heap and were very funny I ended up having a cup of tea with May at one point and I didn't approach him. Now that's what I think will be missing from the new one they are genuinely chums.

But on the flip side another car show, yippee that works for me I am sure like the rest of you we all end up watching Wheeler Dealers and SOS I actually like both of them and if an old TG is on whilst cooking dinner on a Sunday with a glass of wine then I am in.

Let's give the new one a chance it might just not be ****e! I am 40/60 it will be but do you know what I will probably still watch it.

I shall now exit stage left after jumping off this soap box

well it looks like they might be giving it the revamp it needs to stay fresh.

I am sure I might give it a go to see, but I shall be having to mute when Jordan speaks....might have to record it so i can forward through his bits.

I hope it works out, even if I don't like it and stop watching.

Also mat8n, a few spaces between your cars rather than the slashes would help keep the forum formatted nicely and help my OCD no end. ;)

It's fine on the mobile site:D

But it does my head in too:fail

I think, in my opinion, people confused "rubbish" with "different". If you replace all the negative words in peoples posts with "different", it starts to make sense.

Essentially, people are scared of change. It will be different, for sure. But no-one CAN say, as fact, it will be rubbish BECAUSE IT HASN'T AIRED YET! Get a grip people! It's just a telly show!!!!

I hope your right nb but me thinks it will be different and then Rubbish.......

I hope that it will be about cars.

they'd be better off calling it something else and giving it a complete rebrand as they're not going to be able to shake off the antics of the previous crew.

Looking at the line up, it looks like its going back to its roots of being an informative show about cars with a bit of speed thrown in rather than boys & their toys

I'd be interested to know how much licence fee money this Phoenix attempt is costing. It can't be cheap.

Anyway, the change will be interesting, and I shall keep an open mind. But I'll still want to watch the three musketeers in their new programme.

Last edited:
So beeb thinks it needs seven 'celebs' to replace the previous three...over compensation...quantity over quality? lol.

But I shouldn't be naughty...let's wait and see.

I do look forward to Sabine Schmitz's antics though...the look on Hamster's face as she drove that van round the Ring at insane speeds was priceless ;)

I'll have to give it a go just because. But any programme that includes Eddie Jordan is already on a massive back foot to my mind. His inclusion on BBC's limited F1 showings more than justified my Sky subscription.

Is he a d#ck then?

Maybe, maybe not. It's your own perception of the man that brings that viewpoint. I've never met the man so cannot really comment.

We might not have had the pleasure of seeing Michael Schumacher race in F1 if it wasn't for Eddie Jordan's F1 team.

What he will bring to Top Gear is anybody's guess.

Maybe, maybe not. It's your own perception of the man that brings that viewpoint. I've never met the man so cannot really comment.

We might not have had the pleasure of seeing Michael Schumacher race in F1 if it wasn't for Eddie Jordan's F1 team.

What he will bring to Top Gear is anybody's guess.

Yep, I was just asking for his opinion really, as I don't think I've seen the man...hardly ever watch TV.

Eddie is a knowledgeable man with a deal of charisma and fun about him. Like Chris Evans, he does have a habit of talking over others and drowning them out. This can turn him into a one man show where you hear only opinion. He also likes to be confrontational when usually there is absolutely no need to do so. I suspect he thinks it makes for good telly. So instead of saying "is xxxxxxx driving for you next year" He will say "I have heard that xxxxxxxx is off and has been secretly meeting with yyyyyyyy and the deal is almost done" We then find that Eddie has got it all wrong and the interviewee is left looking awkward and embarrassed for Eddie, as they are put on the spot. Christian Horner just laughed at him, as did many others. Shame really, as he is knowledgeable and can be entertaining.

Last edited:
I think Jordan was good on BBC f1 as he said what the others couldn't, and wouldn't. He knew what was going on behind the scenes and did his best to bring it into public view. F1 is so full of cr4p and pretence that he was a breath of fresh air to it.

What he'll be like as a presenter on top gear I don't know. But I admire the man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom