Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eddie is a knowledgeable man with a deal of charisma and fun about him. Like Chris Evans, he does have a habit of talking over others and drowning them out. This can turn him into a one man show where you hear only opinion. He also likes to be confrontational when usually there is absolutely no need to do so. I suspect he thinks it makes for good telly. So instead of saying "is xxxxxxx driving for you next year" He will say "I have heard that xxxxxxxx is off and has been secretly meeting with yyyyyyyy and the deal is almost done" We then find that Eddie has got it all wrong and the interviewee is left looking awkward and embarrassed for Eddie, as they are put on the spot. Christian Horner just laughed at him, as did many others. Shame really, as he is knowledgeable and can be entertaining.

If we're talking EJ, that should be "oh-pinion". He says it a lot!!

Is this what we can expect from Fräulein Schmitz when she presents on Top Gear?

3:05 ;):D

[YOUTUBE HD]KnALDbokB0g[/YOUTUBE HD]

Or this?

[YOUTUBE HD]ufzdL1JaEKM[/YOUTUBE HD]

Perhaps ..

[YOUTUBE]UpgsLrm0qrk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
She's as mad as a fish but clearly an excellent driver...

I don't get why everyone is getting all excited by Micheal Schumacher in drag?

Yea she's a good driver, but so would anybody be who grew up at the ring!
Yea she's OK to look at but nothing exciting.
Yea she's a bit loopy.

Is it simply because she's a mildly attractive woman who can drive a car fast? Is it a sexist thing?

Of all the people in the UK we couldn't find any one else suitable to the two non UK people?

I like sabine in the short stints she had on top gear but to take her as a full time presenter seems to stick two fingers up to the British folk paying the TV licence.

There's plenty of fast female Brit drivers (mostly in the lower formulas, it has to be said), and some of them are "TV-Friendly" if you get my drift.

Much as I like Sabine Shmitt (she was our waitress in the Hotel I stayed at the 'Ring, and could deliver a mean 0.5-litre) I would much rather see a Brit on the show, for piure entertainment reasons.

Unless she was middle/upper class, obviously.

That should rule-out the likes of Jody Kidd.

Apologies if all this has been said before..

We could have Rebecca Jackson? Met her at Le Mans a couple of years back, very engaging and extremely competent driver..

http://www.rebeccaracer.com/

L1009630.jpg

IMG_2093.JPG

Gimme a break. If guys find women attractive, is that sexist?

Heterosexuality is sexist now... :dk:

So why the big deal for sabine?

That's not aimed at you, just in general.

I really don't see the why so many people want her on.

The only reason I see is that people view her as sexy, otherwise she has nothing over others, male or female.

I've no idea why the big deal about sabine, I agree, she's one of many, but to suggest having a female presenter because they're easy on the eye is in any way sexist seems a bit of a leap.

5th gear have VBH, and TG haven't had a female presenter for years. Now the C, H & M are doing their own show elsewhere, I see no reason not to have a female presenter, for the dynamic she'll bring, along with something nice to look at hopefully.

And I'd prefer to look at Rebecca Jackson sliding her back end out over sabine, personally...

Don't get me wrong, I like looking at women!
But I think she is on there simply because she's eye candy.

We didn't watch old top gear for eye candy, personally I avoid 5th gear because of VBH's annoying squeals!

I just think the whole process has gone horribly PC but has kind of shot itself in the foot in doing so.

Perhaps it's simply looking for *some* sort of continuity. She did a few "spots" on the previous top gear, and hence is a link to it. I am not knowledgeable of all things Top Gear, but is there anyone else that did a few gigs that they could have pulled in (not celebs from the "star in the...")

Many are saying why Sabine. It seems she is irking people more than Joey from friends, whereas at least she has *some* pedigree in this arena.

She'll probably be the best driver (as a presenter) top gear has had since tiff whachamacallhim

Don't get me wrong, I like looking at women!
You sexist pig! :p

But I think she is on there simply because she's eye candy.

I think she was chosen over some other available female racing drivers as she has a larger than life, eccentric TV personality, and is a friend of the show already.

That way they don't have to introduce her so much, and explain her credentials, she's already known.

And maybe other similar candidates were simply a bit bland, more suitable to some car show on Discovery Shed.

Well I'd have tried to get Richard Rawlings on it for the fun factor and Dario Franchitti for the kid in a candy shop factor/top driver factor.

They don't have to be good drivers, none of the other 3 were what you'd class as good drivers.

I think the old top gear was 'VIZ' magazine and the new top gear is going to be 'HELLO'!

Yea I'll watch it and enjoy it but I don't think it's going to be what I want/liked from the old top gear.

Could be the start of a joke...

...a ginger, a black man, an Englishman, an Irishman, an American and a German walk into a TV studio....

My wife made the best suggestion yesterday, she goes why was jamiroquai not made a top gear presenter. What a brilliant idea.

Jay Kay's the man, Jamiroquai is the band.

I don't think he'd be up for it to be honest. Too big a commitment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom