Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
lol probably Karl:D

Another TG publicity stunt surely...

Here we go, clue 11 pages of "Top gear isnt what it once was" :D

Mexicans, Argentinians and others suggest this as the best way to suspend Clarkson…

hang-noose-469363.jpg

If you want a proper Car Show then Harry's Garage on Youtube is as good as it gets imho.

Harry Metcalfe, Evo founder, going through his collection. Great TV.

I thought he owned the rights to TG :dk: Suspended from you own show now that is impressive :wallbash: It's times like this i'm ashamed to come from the same town as him :mad:

I thought he owned the rights to TG :dk: Suspended from you own show now that is impressive :wallbash: It's times like this i'm ashamed to come from the same town as him :mad:

It's all media hype, I'm sure we will be seeing Jeremy and top gear with adverts soon enough if the BBC gets rid...

I thought he owned the rights to TG :dk:
Suspended from you own show now that is impressive :wallbash: It's times like this i'm ashamed to come from the same town as him :mad:

Well presumably there are some contracts that determine some of the boundaries - regardless of rights.

And then of course did the BBC not buy into the company that produces TG and owns the rights.

Of course it's not clear as yet exactly why the BBC took this action. JC can be a pratt - but the BBC ? Well the BBC is a culture all of it's own and can make a pratt of itself too. I have a fairly negative opinion of the BBC as an institution these days - so I'm not going to judge this until more comes out.

I wish they would scrap the mindless drivel that is Top Gear and disband the BBC. I agree it's an unhealthy culture and if anyone needs proof of that read Jimmy Saville and Operation YewTree

Two more British institutions brought into disrepute and gone down the carpper

How awful. No more Top Gear.

What will they show on "Dave" now?

Oh yes. Repeats. No change there then… … …

The BBC .......... an institutionally politically correct bunch of **** lickers. Manipulative broadcasting & censoring with only one descriptive word to describe it, 'Common Purpose'. If you don't know what common purpose is then Google it.

Long live Clarkson's arrogant attitude towards the PC ****. I'm sure they'll all be off to ITV shortly.

Top Gear is pretty crap I forgot to add.

Top Gear is pretty crap I forgot to add.

It's the shows formula that's very tired, I think all involved are fully aware and the main individuals have made their money. Very possible at this stage Clarkson doesn't give fcuk at the end of the day, leading to all the controversies including this latest one whatever that maybe - calling an MP names, perhaps?

Last edited:
Loved the one he did on the SL600.:cool::cool::cool:
WARNING- may contain lots of car information,driving on real roads and candid shots of the engine compartment!!
[YOUTUBE HD]LhX0Y2wQfqo[/YOUTUBE HD]

Looks like clarkson had an argument with a producer, one of them not happy with what is going on and couldn't sort it out without getting childish and having a fracas. I can see there is no harmony on the show, there was some very strong rants about people complaining this series, it wasn't about being offensive, it was about been crap.

Mindless drivel it may be but it is entertainment to some people. What is more worrying about the BBC, and I agree with the sentiment to disband it, is the following:

BBC presenter John Inverdale was forced to apologise after "swearing" during radio coverage of the Cheltenham Festival.
Speaking on BBC 5 Live, the veteran broadcaster accidentally said 'rose-c***ed' glasses when reflecting on the career of former jockey John Francome.
He quickly corrected himself and apologised before explaining it had been a 'slip of the tongue'. He should have said, "rose-tinted glasses".

These politically correct numbskulls are bonkers imho.

Something tells me this is more of statement from the politically correct BBC rather than anything else. Like him or Not (and TG as well) he was not afraid to speak his mind and naming things like they are acceptable by BBC. And then we accuse foreign regimes are suppressing free speech. I bet there is an army of people that they are waiting to find something to complain for not been politically correct and those are the people that BBC is trying to please

TG

I obviuosly don't know what happened... but I can see how a tired format, dwindling rating, mounting costs, and an irate presenter can lead to tension and heated exchange during production.

I am struggling to identify a loser.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom