Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The predicted stampede of other TV channels to "snap him up" doesn't seem to have occured yet? Perhaps he's waiting to made an offer he can't refuse? I serious doubt any other commercial channel will bankroll a motoring programme to the extent the BBC did with Top Gear for so many years? JC rightly or wrongly owed much of his demand as a motoring writer to his national "showcasing" on the BBC such is the power of the medium. Whether this demand will continue without that degree of constant exposure remains to be seen. This would be a pity because when he's "on his game" his writing can be entertaining and different. :dk:
Jeremy Clarkson: Sky is not interested in hiring the sacked Top Gear presenter

The predicted stampede of other TV channels to "snap him up" doesn't seem to have occured yet? Perhaps he's waiting to made an offer he can't refuse? I serious doubt any other commercial channel will bankroll a motoring programme to the extent the BBC did with Top Gear for so many years? JC rightly or wrongly owed much of his demand as a motoring writer to his national "showcasing" on the BBC such is the power of the medium. Whether this demand will continue without that degree of constant exposure remains to be seen. This would be a pity because when he's "on his game" his writing can be entertaining and different. :dk:
Jeremy Clarkson: Sky is not interested in hiring the sacked Top Gear presenter

I don't think the financials will put off broadcasters. Rather than bankrolling the programme it is/was a profit centre for the BBC.

The predicted stampede of other TV channels to "snap him up" doesn't seem to have occured yet?

Well who predicted it and cranked out loads of column inches?

The same people now cranking out hollow column inches that it hasn't happened.

Breathe in smoke ...... ahhhhhhhhhhh

Report that it looks like the smoker will hold in the smoke and not let it out.

Breathe out smoke ...... huhhhhhhhhhhhh

Report that widely made predictions the smoker would hold his breath and suffocate were misplaced.

Sit back and sell newspapers.

Well who predicted it and cranked out loads of column inches?

The same people now cranking out hollow column inches that it hasn't happened.

Breathe in smoke ...... ahhhhhhhhhhh

Report that it looks like the smoker will hold in the smoke and not let it out.

Breathe out smoke ...... huhhhhhhhhhhhh

Report that widely made predictions the smoker would hold his breath and suffocate were misplaced.

Sit back and sell newspapers.

What on earth are you smoking?

I think he's just saying wait and see because the papers will write anything to sell papers.

Give youth a chance. He is pretty good, his reviews are nice blend of humour and facts. Start over and let top gear evolve. Time to give the young a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PBWC2KtV4

Mind numbingly boring, 20 mins of non stop droning.

He needs to slow down, relax, and talk far less. That was like pressing fast forward on a war and peace audio book.

Mind numbingly boring, 20 mins of non stop droning.

He needs to slow down, relax, and talk far less. That was like pressing fast forward on a war and peace audio book.

20mins is the key point, it is a good as it gives good information and a good starting point for humour and format. Remember this is lowwwwww budget and in its infancy. Take a look at top gear 2000, it was not the slick production music inspired show it became in 2011 plus. Condensing the review into 8 mins aka tv format. Polish and increase production and your nearly there.

I note that there is a report saying that the police are not going to take any action against Clarkson.

My view is that Clarkson has been extremely lucky so far.

I would hope that he has the good sense to make a very public apology to Mr Tymon before he carries out any further broadcast or live commitments.

Two rumours doing the rounds at present - that "Dave" is interested, and that Clarkson can't do tv until next year (due to a contract term)

It's still early days…

Further rumours surfacing that the BEEB are lining up Philip Glenister as J C's potential replacement. Known as a bit of a petrolhead Glenister co- presented For the Love of Cars on Channel 4.

[YOUTUBE]8bUlOWrN9C4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom